[quote user="Cendrillon"]Where can people make reservations PPP is there a link that you can give us please?
[/quote]

It was on france bleu poitou radio this morning but they didn't mention the locale for the reservations; I presume the Corderie Museum in Rochefort where the vessel is being built but I will check on monday.

There has been a very interesting Doc about Versailles recently and  it was said it was catastrophic for the french economy when the new americans didn't cough up for all the ships the french furnished to help them beat the english. AND the new americans, so the program said prefered to trade with the english when it was all over.

Was this one of the ships involved?

I saw that documentary about Versailles too.  What did you think of the episode about Louis XV?  There were a few errors in it, for example it showed the King and Queen with their children around them at Court, yet, as an economy measure, they sent all of the younger girls away to a convent to be "educated".  Although Mme Adelaide succeeded in returning to Court later, the girls were never, never visited by their parents and some of the little girls died during their time there. 

One of the other things about it was it showed how popular Louis was in his younger days (and for most of his life,) and it then said how unpopular he became, yet it really didn't explain that shift in a convincing way.  All it seemed to imply was he had mistresses......

The Hermione wiki is a bit light on contact so please find a link below to the hermione site, the link is in english and opens on the history of the vessel; the tabs can be used to amplify the navigation.

The launch will be a big event but nothing like the start of the inaugural first voyage to America in 2014.

http://www.hermione.com/en/the-hermione-project/the-history/