Disabled trike free to good home

We have a well-used by still serviceable large trike as used by our disabled son that he has now grown out of and which we would be happy to give to a new home. If anybody is interested please PM me for details. We are in north west Mayenne.

Lovely offer.  If you have no takers I can offer it to my rehab' centre which has a lot of young people who cannot afford such luxuries, coming through its doors.  I'm away on and off until September but if you still want to give it away then I'll come and collect it or we can meet half way.

We were fortunate to have some French friends here who passed the trike on to us when their own son outgrew it so I couldn't possibly profit from it. In any case it is well used but these trikes are also well made and someone could certainly still have fun on it. I have asked our friends if they know of anyone else to pass it on to and they don't which is why I thought I would see if there was anyone here interested.

Cooperlola, I would be happy for you to offer it to your rehab centre but the problem is we are only here UNTIL September! I am also slightly concerned that it may not be big enough when you talk of "young people". My son was very small until recently but I would not have thought it would be much good beyond 12 or so for an average child. If these two issues are not a problem, let me know.

The trike is strong and stable and ideal for a child with some mobility but not enough balance to manage a two-wheeler. We long ago discarded the brakes as our son did not understand how to use them properly. I provided the brake in the form of being at the end of a short rope!

Sadly, CherryB, there are some very young kids there.  Anyway, the logistics sound very difficult.  However, I'll pm you with some details when I get back from Belgium in 10 days' time and at least they might be able to suggest somewhere closer who could give it a deserving home should you have no response on here.

New trike is FANTASTIC thank you! My son can say very few words but he can say "bike ride" and he says it from when he gets up to when he goes to bed now! We spent three hours on it this morning exploring the lanes around us under a cloudless blue sky - beautiful.

I'm not getting much - no make that ANY gardening done but, hey, son is happy!

Just waiting for the heat to cool down a little and we'll be back on the road...