offer accepted, what's next??

nijntje

Hello, We just got our offer accepted and are now waiting for the compromis de vente!

Our estate agent tells us to put the deposit on her "compte sequestre" when we sign the compromis! Is this normal? or should we insist on putting it with the notaire?

We have also put a clause in the compromis for getting a CU to convert the barn to gites. Who does the application for this? I was told the notaire will do this? Do we have to pay extra for this service and how much would it be? Any idea how long this will take to get an answer from the Marie?

We want to make sure we do everything right as it is our first time and have many questions.

Thanks for all the help!

From my experience the Notaire cannot arrange a CU, he would introduce you to a geometre to apply on your behalf, this cost about €200 and took about 3 months (subject to approval), it is then be valid for 18 months, and considered to be the period to apply for detailed planning, Good Luck[8-|] 

[quote user="nijntje"]Hello, We just got our offer accepted and are now waiting for the compromis de vente!

Our estate agent tells us to put the deposit on her "compte sequestre" when we sign the compromis! Is this normal? or should we insist on putting it with the notaire?

[/quote]

As an etate agent, I can tell you that some agents are registered to receive deposits, but if you are at all concerned, then you can insist on paying it directly to the Notaire. Ask the estate agent or Notaire for the Notaire's bank details or RIB.

As Judie says some agents are authorised and indeed insured to take deposits. But having bought and sold a number of houses in France and on the basis that behind the Notaire there is let us say 'substance' then we have always but always paid our deposits to the Notaire. For no other reason than that.