Strange road/track layout near Lyon Airport.

I've just been perusing Lyon Airport on Google's satellite view and, just to the south of the terminal buildings and to the west of the runway, there is a (private) road layout that is very neatly laid out, large oval with a circle at one end, symmetrical crossing roads, symmetrical access roads from buildings.... it could almost be a race track, but somehow, not quite. Is it anything interesting / important / amusing? (I can't see what the signs at the entrance say due to streetview blurring them).

I don't think so Betty. Your suggestion is a little further to the south and is made up of a number of twisty circuits.

The place highlighted by the OP looks a bit like an HGV test track - there's a rig going round on the map I was able to access. It may once have been a race track that has experienced a change of use.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Actua+GT+Driving/@45.6927206,5.065061,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x9f091b2b8e1b7140?hl=fr

That little map shows both.

I have just looked at the adjacent road at street view and there doesn't seem to be anything there.

Maybe plans to build something and didn't?

We have two roads in this region that I pass regularly that don't go any where. In fact I remember my drive to Geneva Airport pre full motor way days and they didn't go anywhere and have a feeling that they still don't.

Oooo good find, thank you, but no unfortunately, the track is the wrong shape. I have found reference to an exhibition centre that claims access to a test track so I wonder if that is it. The one that has caught my eye is this shape.... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lyon-Saint+Exup%C3%A9ry+Airport/@45.7030826,5.0738636,998m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x47f4c92b009f84cd:0x86dc510cc9b255f0?hl=en

[quote user="idun"]https://www.google.com/maps/place/Actua+GT+Driving/@45.6927206,5.065061,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x9f091b2b8e1b7140?hl=fr

That little map shows both.

I have just looked at the adjacent road at street view and there doesn't seem to be anything there.

Maybe plans to build something and didn't?

We have two roads in this region that I pass regularly that don't go any where. In fact I remember my drive to Geneva Airport pre full motor way days and they didn't go anywhere and have a feeling that they still don't.

[/quote]

Sorry, your post came up after I had posted my last one (I didn't refresh the screen when I got in). These things happen. There used to be a bridge to nowhere in Glasgow and on the M4 near Bristol there are slip roads.... but no junction.