Moving to Hautefort

We are about to sign the final papers and move to a hamlet near Hautefort in the Northern Dordogne.
We would be interested to hear from anyone in the area to find out about local happenings and to chat as we get organised. We are popping backwards and forwards for the first year and then next year hope to make the move permanently.
This is first attempt at posting so I hope it worked!!

Hi

We are only 20 minutes from you, Southwards. We live here permanently with our daughter who attends the local village school. It's a wonderful place to live, life is fantastic here. We have a social group that meets every fortnight. It's getting bigger by the week with more families moving over. It's a great way to meet people and to gather information and swap advice etc. We'd be happy to have you if you'd like to come along.

Kate

Hi,

We have a house in Segur le Chateau about 20 miles or so north of Hautefort.

Very lively in the summer - get a flavour of the place by looking at my website. I am building another website with dates of events for 2004 and hope to have all the information after a meeting of the Tourist Committee at Easter.

It's a lovely area, Correze and North Dordogne, with lovely people who are very welcoming.

Pip (19)
http://limousinleisure.mysite.freeserve.com

Hi, we are glad to hear you are moving to Hautefort,
my wife and I and our four children have just rented a house 3
miles from Hautefort, and are making the big move in April.
The area is lovely and we have met some good friends here, look forward to meeting more.

rob.

Hi,

We are in the UK at the moment, but are just buying a house near Brantome, in a hamlet called Lempzours. Haven't got my map handy but I think its about 40 mins from you. We will be moving permanently in July - providing we can sell our house!!! We have 2 children, and would love to keep in contact with you, and perhaps meet up once we are both over in France.

It's really exciting isn't it (but a bit daunting too!). The area looks lovely.

Good luck, speak with you soon.

Liz, Iain, Pippa (5) and Harry (3)