Building stables

Hi,
The 20 acres that come with the house we hope to buy has a little church in the very end corner of the furthest field. We don't own the church, of course, but I can see how this may make it difficult for plans we have. The plans we do have are; a block of stables and outdoor school, a swimming pool, and extending the living accommodation into the wine cellar at the back of the house (this last will only be change of use, as the outside is and will be unchanged). I would really like to know if anyone else has had similar work done and any problems that they have encountered. What sort of planning permission, for instance, do I need for stables (there are no other buildings on the land, except, it appears, a few footings of delapidated ones under the brambles near to where we want to build). Is the 500metres rule that I have read about elsewhere here only relevant to some churches? Wil the pool have to have a black liner? The property is just north of Marciac, near Beaumarches, in the Gers. I will of course discuss these issues with our solicitor but would love some pointers from other people out there as you can never have enough information!

Fran

• 3 weeks later...