Looking for a Blacksmith in the Marciac area

We are looking for a blacksmith in the Marciac (32) area. We live in a village called Blousson Serian, 7 kms south of Marciac. We have tried the one in Mirande, but he says that we are too far from him. Any ideas anybody?

Hi Christian

I was interested in your post because we are moving just north of Marciac (Beaumarches) in a month or so and will be looking for a farrier too. I remembered a post I had put on this forum for a good horse vet and was recommended to a man called Georges Thusseau in Tarbes. His phone number is 05 62 90 09 02. I would think that a call to his practise might turn up a farrier in your/our area. He's bound to know them all and would at least recommend a good one. If you have any luck, I'd appreciate a mention on this post so I can contact him too! If you want to check the address put in a search here with 'vet in Tarbes' and it will give you all the info.
Best of luck - perhaps we'll meet out riding in a few months!
Fran

• 3 weeks later...
Be VERY careful. There is one operating near there (can't remember his name I'm afraid) who nearly killed my horse when he started without me being there and caused him eight weeks of pain and suffering. Check other people's horses feet and see what you think.

• 2 weeks later...