Newcomers to 46 !

We have taken early retirement and are living at Frayssinet le Gelat (46250),whilst we have a small house built at Mercues (appears to be a lengthy construction !). Both in our 50's,my wife is 'suffering' a little with the isolation having been busy as a 'Palliative Care' nurse until we took the plunge.Would like to meet others in the area just for reassuring chats over coffee or lunch now and again. We hope to involve ourselves with the 'locals' as much as able, but still would like the odd chat in ones own tongue !!! Any takers please

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there! We moved to Marminiac (about 20 mins. from you) last June.Both in our 50's - Mike was made redundant in 2002 and I was working full-time as an Education Welfare Officer, so I know what your wife is feeling - especially if she worked in a team. We're doing up an old village house here. I'd love to meet up with your wife for a coffee sometime if she wants.Tel. 05 65 22 87 13.
Gillian King.

Just a short note to say thanks to all who responded to date. We have either made contact now or sent E mails. Very nice to know there are others for support !! - PS the building of the house is to start 'imminently' (don't hold your breath)

Hi- just a quick message to say we live (not yet permanently ) in Caillac which is just a few kms down the road from you.Would love to meet up with you both in the not too distant future - contact us on [email protected]. We're both taking early retirement (47 & 53) from the M.O.D and the NHS and like yourselves - want to get involved in local people and issues, but would also enjoy a good old chin-wag now and again.
Hope the new build is going well!!!
Best Wishes - Angus & Maggy xx

• 3 months later...