French lessons in N.E Dordogne

For information for those in the area.

I have found some French tuition available from 3rd October 2004 onwards.

The teacher is a local woman who also speaks fluent English, she is a qualified teacher and has been running these classes for a number of years.

The lessons are held in the Salle De Fetes at Jumilhac Le Grand, near to Thiviers on varying days/evenings of the week according to ability. Lessons consist of 1 one-and-a -half hour session per week for an entire academic year and cost E85 per person per annum.

All classes are small (no more than 9 or 10 people) and Katherine groups us according to ability, with each group's lessons tailored to fit needs and knowledge. She is also arranging various trips throughout the year such as visits to the cinema or theatre, all designed to improve our language skills.

When we enrolled last week some people had travelled as far as Perigueux for these lessons, and the level of French varied enormousy from absolute beginners to people who already appeared to be quite stunningly fluent.

It is possible that Katherine will still allow new enrolments for the next couple of weeks so if anyone is interested please can they contact me by PM for her telephone number (I don't like to type it on this thread as it is also her private number).

Thank you for the information Penny29.  I shall certainly look into joining these classes next year as I cannot guarantee my attendance this year.  I think that conversational French with a real French teacher is just what I need to become properly fluent.