secondhand furniture bergerac

I don't know the area around Bergerac but if there is an Emmaus charity enterprise anywhere nearby, that would be well worth a look. There is a huge one just outside Pau which sells all kinds of secondhand stuff including furniture, much of it renovated in their own workshops.

The other places which seem to be in most big towns are the Troc de l'Isle stores which sell secondhand goods on behalf of the owners for a percentage. They also sell new stuff (including beds).

Try your Pages Jaunes to see if there are any of the above near you - or if you are on the edge of a Department (we're on the edge of four!) look up www.pagesjaunes.fr to find out about adjacent departments too.

Good luck,

Val

There is definitely a Troc d'Isle in Bergerac. I used to visit their website on a regular basis, but I can't find the link at the moment. They tend to put the more expensive items on the web - there's usually much more at the shop.

There's also at least one depot vente on one of the junctions on the southern ring road.

Hoddy

Thank you everyone for replying to my message.

It is an expensive business having a house in France and sometimes a bit confusing as well

We will be over in Easter so will try to find the troc place in Bergerac then.

Cheers

Amanda

I have found the Trocs very expensive - I ended up buying new (especially white goods) because the Troc prices were dearer in many cases.  The village Grenier sales are good but mostly I have carted everything from the UK (car boots) and saved loads.