Stuctural Engineer in the Dordogne?

You will probably find that Chartered Structural Engineers are few and far between in France.The service you require may be adequately covered by another profession ie Architect,Surveyor or even Builder.Several surveyors and architects advertise in French Property News and are based in or cover the Dordogne region.

If you do require the services of a Chartered Structural Engineer you could try contacting the ISE on 02072354535 they may have a register of members working in France.Their website www.istructe.org.uk does have a section for searching for engineers but this only covers the UK.

If you provide more details of your requirements ,you may get some more precise recommendations.

Regards Tony MIStructE

PS I know one Structural Engineer who will be in the Dordogne in August

Hi Caterham7, thank you for the information, I will follow up and I may post my problem in the Renovation section. We will need to get this sorted well before August and in fact would like to in two weeks time if at all possible. Thank you again.

WLT,I replied direct to your email from my office yesterday please let me know if you recieved the reply.Basically I agree with the suggested proposals,but you could also consider a drained internal tanking system which will possibly be more economical.Refer to www.safeguardchem.com for details Olyroyd is the system to go for.You would obviously have to source a similar product and a builder with experiance of this system in France.

Regards Tony

Hi, I did not receive the email, this isn't the first time I have had a problem. I am not sure but I think that LF still have my old one before they changed it, it is the same as before except they changed from .net.co.uk  to .com.  I will try and update now if possible. But thank you very much for the information and the link. You have been very kind, just such a shame you will not be there sooner than August.