Hairdresser Recommendation?

A friend swears by the salon just past Credit Agricole in Gourdon - it's on the same side.  I had my hair cut at the hairdressers on the opposite side of the road, at the far end near the Euro shop, and I was very satisfied.  However, that's from a male point of view.  I was also only charged 11 Euros, whereas the other salon charges 18 Euros for a male haircut. Presumably there will be a similar difference for women.

Back in blightie I only entrusted the care of my tresses to Tony & Guy (but at horrific prices).  Here I was told, by a french friend whose hair I admired, that Nadine in the main street in Salviac (next to the Rigouste flower/furniture shop) was good for haircuts but not so great for colouring.

For highlights I used the next hairdresser along (odd that we have 3 hairdressers for such a small town). She is also on the main street, just on the Cazals side of Ricq et Doby immobiliers next to the bakery.

I have used them both, and been very pleased with the results.

Never had a decent haircut yet in France. Mediocre yes, but not that feeling of wow!   French coiffeurs seem to go that one step too far and you end leaving coiffeured like a poodle.

I know I am not being helpful, but I do really wish I had found a decent one, god knows what training schools they went too, but unless you have really short hair and like red you are stuffed.

Deby, blonde and mi-longue

Deby

My friend (ex TandG) is coming over from 25 July for about a week and is taking bookings for cut and colouring. We are in 47, near Nerac and you would need to come here.

Get in touch if interested!

Catharine

(about to be blonde and beautiful once more!)

Hello,

perhaps it's a bit far away but mine is in Sarlat, it's Robin in la"boit'a coup'" and he's the only one authorized to dress my hair in the area.I could really heartly recommend him(i'm not at all snob but i've lived in Paris during 7 years and i've a certain idea of what i want to look like!!).

Hope it could help

Céline

[quote]Never had a decent haircut yet in France. Mediocre yes, but not that feeling of wow! French coiffeurs seem to go that one step too far and you end leaving coiffeured like a poodle. I know I am not ...[/quote]

I'm afraid of French hair techniques! Everyone seems to sport the various shades of red!! I always go to UK for anything hairy!! It' seems to be cheaper here but.......

My husband has taken the plunge a couple of times and he was quite happy but then it was only a handful of euros and he always did like pudding bowls!!! He is now banned (by moi!) from all rural French hairdressing establishments!!

[quote]I'm afraid of French hair techniques! Everyone seems to sport the various shades of red!! I always go to UK for anything hairy!! It' seems to be cheaper here but....... My husband has taken the plung...[/quote]

However tell him from me that 'anything suits a good looking person' even a pudding bowl!

[quote]I'm afraid of French hair techniques! Everyone seems to sport the various shades of red!! I always go to UK for anything hairy!! It' seems to be cheaper here but....... My husband has taken the plung...[/quote]

However tell him from me that 'anything suits a good looking person' even a pudding bowl!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did it - I went to Coup a Boit in Sarlat.  I didn't end up with Robin as you suggested Céline, but with the girl who works with / for him (Regine?).  I'm really pleased with the result and would recommend them to any one.  I did have to conduct the whole episode in French though, so it may not be quite as suitable for someone with limited French.

Many thanks Céline for your recommendation.  Claire