Range Cookers

Any advice on the best places/companies to buy a range style cooker from. This is likely to be our only big luxury purchase for sometime. We like the Britannia/Range Master style cookers in England and would welcome views in respect of French counterparts, where to buy, recommended companies that type of thing. We particularly want a dual fuel model with two electric ovens and LPG hob. Any ideas ??

Gabe

Hi,

I don't know if you are already in France or not. We have had a gas & electric Brittania for the past eight years. if you want me to find out if what you require is possible and also if they are sold in France, drop me a pm. I have a contact number for them here in the UK. I believe they are made in Italy.

Regards Paul

We're in the midst of looking at these and some of the most popular ranges sold where we are (74) and those that seem to be most regulary featured in French homes magazines are:

Godin

Lacanche

www.lacornue.com

arco

You can email these and ask for dealers in your area.

Sorry should have been more specific. We are still in the UK at the moment, but are relocating permanently in the new year. Our new home is in the Mirande area of the Gers, so any idea on local stockists greatly appreciated. Paul thanks for the offer I have the Britannia brochure, so know that it can be done. Just trying to get an idea on prices etc, to work out if I should buy now and move it over, or to buy it local so to speak.

Gabe 

Why buy in the UK when there is such a fantastic range (sorry!) available in France? And surely, if you buy locally you can make use of the guarantee and local installers if you have to.

Go into your local Expert shop - there are range cookers to die for!

Have a look at www.expert.fr or www.lacanche.com

Even our local Weldoms has a good selection.

Thanks everybody,

In answer to Lil's question, no we just want to use it for cooking. Perhaps range is not exactly the correct term to use, but you know what I mean. 2 electric ovens and LPG hob/burners, range style is probably more appropriate. Tarbes and Auch both convenient, Pau and Mont de Marsan also o.k. I know that comparisons are always difficult, but like for like, do you think that they are the same price in France, cheaper or more expensive ?

Gabe

Hi Gabe

I live near Mirande, and I brought a Falcon Elan range cooker from Paul Gee in Castera Verduzan a small town about 30 mins from me. It has gas hob and 2 electric ovens, and I am very pleased with it.  Good luck with your move.  Get in touch with me if you want , you may be moving close to us.

Zoe

Sales, always a good idea. I am over for two weeks on Sunday and then back mid Feb, so don't know if I will miss the sales. I will visit the places recommended next week and try to get internet info to see if can take advantage of the sales on line. Zoe will drop  you a PM with our details and would be delighted to get in touch, to pick your brains if you don't mind.

Many thanks

Gabe

Sales, always a good idea. I am over for two weeks on Sunday and then back mid Feb, so don't know if I will miss the sales. I will visit the places recommended next week and try to get internet info to see if can take advantage of the sales on line. Zoe will drop  you a PM with our details and would be delighted to get in touch, to pick your brains if you don't mind.

Many thanks

Gabe