6-12 mth rental from end January 19,24,46.

Hi

Earlier this month I posted a request for information on a house for short to mid term rent.  Our extraction from Turkey has caused a delay and change in our plans.

We now need a furnished house for 3 - 12 months somewhere in the 19,24,46 departments for my husband, myself and our very well behaved 10 year old labrador (who is used to being among farm stock etc).  We now need a place from the end of January 2006 while we look for our new home. 

We intend to visit the area towards the end of November and will be in Bordeaux for the whole of January.

Finally, I am going stir crazy looking on the internet for our new home.  If you know of any thing for sale under 250,000 euro's please let me know.  Minimum 2 bedrooms with about 2,000 m2 + land. 

Katrina

PS If any one is planning a holiday/trip in Turkey or thinking about purchasing a property here, please let me know.   I can recommend places to see, things to buy, good english to turkish phrase book etc. 

I am always happy to help. 

I know of a unfurnished 2 up 2 down village house with a very small garden in Eymet (24) which is going to be available soon for long term rents, and of a furnished 3 bedroom apartment no garden.

They may not be what you are looking for but keep them in mind as you may find it hard to find a furnished place for a long term rent, as most are gites.

good luck

Sarah

www.thelimetree.org

• 2 weeks later...

cant help with accomodation but I could recommend a good estate agent that we used but it depends what area you are looking for..he is based in 24 and we bought a house about an hour from bordeaux..you should find plenty for your price but maybe not if you want right in Bordeaux.  The agent is French but speaks good English and really worked hard at getting to know us so he could understand exactly what we were looking for.  No point looking at their web site as by ENGLISH STANDARDS its poor and would put you off also he has many properties not on the web site.

If you want you can PM me and I will give you the details.  the internet gave me a headache as it was so much better comming over and speaking to an agent face to face.  

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone for the information I have recieved.

My husband and I had a great visit in France last week.  We stayed in a nice 2 bed apartment near Thiviers with a view to the long term let from February, we enjoyed our selves so much we have decided to stay with him.  He also introduced us to another couple in the village and they made us so welcome that we would like to buy in the same area.

Once again thank you for all the contacts and information, without them we would not have found our temporary home.