Fabric Markets/Shops in Bordeaux or Agen?

Hi

I need to buy some fabric for curtains etc and am looking for either a market shop or discount fabric warehouse.  I'm particularly looking for a largish quantity of red toile de jouy. Is there anywhere with a large selection of fabrics in either Bordeaux or Agen that you could recommend please? 

Many thanks

There is a large fabric shop with a huge range of materials in Agen on the Avenue du Docteur Jean Bru. This is the dual carriageway between the N113 (coming from Toulouse, Valence d' Agen etc) and the road to the autoroute and the shop is almost opposite the rugby stadium.

There are a Halle de Vetements and a Halle de Chaussures on the same site. Access to these shops is only possible from the southbound carriageway.

• 4 weeks later...

just spotted your posting and we know its a little late to reply- but my wife has just discovered 'MONDIAL TISSUS' at Montaubon, nearby the motorway junction, Agen's not too far away.

Were also from Shropshire, Oswestry originally and more recently, Ironbridge. Currently living near Moissac.

Hope you are enjoying France.

C&J

If you google 'toile du jouy' you will find links to a fabric shop who do mail order, they have a wide selection of the patterns and also things like toning striped fabric.

If I remember correctly it comes in nice wide widths too....

edit - I think this is it

http://www.french-fabrics.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp