LONG term rental

Guest CFrost

Hi

My wife and I are old age pensioners arriving in Aubusson, east of Limoges in January 2006. We are looking for LONG term rental in the Limousin/Poitou Charentes/Aquitaine area. We are looking for years (hopefully) not months. We are carefull tenants capable of doing small jobs around the house, both non smokers and do not have any pets. We would LIKE a detached house, quiet but not too far from facilities, preferably with central heating, I believe the winters are rather chilly, Satellite TV or able to be installed, 2-3 bedrooms, furnished, or at least with kitchen facilities.reasonable rent.

Photos appreciated. Any help or advice will be welcome

Thank you

RoyH

Hi Roy,

It is worth looking at www.frenchentree.com which has a useful section on renting accommodation along with outline price guides for various areas and some immobilier's website addresses. If you are going to be in France in January, then as well as visiting immobiliers in the area where you are staying, look out for the free newspapers (usually available on counters in shops) as well as the free property magazines (in stands outside shops and agents). Many immobiliers are part of big groups with offices all over the country so visiting one in your immediate locality may give you access to properties in a wider area. The 'Petites Annonces' boards in supermarkets, newsagents etc sometimes have properties to let advertised. If you check out the www.pagesjaunes.fr website before you leave, you will be able to find the details of immobiliers in your chosen areas before you leave home. Also if you find the tourist information website for a largish town it will often include the website details of immobiliers in the area so you can check out what they have in the way of rentals ('locations') and the kind of prices being asked.

Good luck!

Val

Hi Roy

We are renting long-term and found our house from a small ad in the local newspaper. This was after we had slogged around agents immobilier and rental companies with little success. There are plenty of houses for rent privately and also through agents but timing is a big consideration and detached properties in our area of southern Brittany were in short supply at the time we were looking.

I would suggest you hire a comfortable, heated, furnished Gite at a reasonable Winter let rate and give yourselves plenty of time to find the rental property which suits you.

Good Luck

Sue

Hello

We have a 3 bedroomed house on the edge of Jonzac (Charente Maritime) for longterm rental.  It is one mile from a large LeClerc supermarket and yet in a quiet location with conservatory, garage, garden and pretty views all around, satellite no problem, can send photos if you email me.... 650euros per month plus bills.

we have a fab detached farmhouse possibly to rent in the new year. it is about 7 mns drive from the beautiful medieval town of cahors. in the countryside without being too far out. not far from hospitals and doctors etc if need be. great facilities. weather milder in the lot than other areas such as the dordogne and further up near limoges. dont hesitate to drop us a line.