Help for a poor little lad........

Hi,

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this - just putting out feelers, so hope its OK.

We live near Brantome.  Had a letter from our daughters school today, explaining about some fund raising they are doing.  I don't know all the details, but it is for a 14 year old french boy, who goes to the same school as my daughters teachers son (so we know it is true).  He is autistic, but also has a severe problem with his legs, and has to have something major done.  His house must be converted (bathroom/bedroom downstaires/ramps put in etc), or he will have to spend about a year and a half in hospital.  The family has very little money, and are fairly desperate to keep him at home.  There are 2 associations which could help financially - an autistic society and another (possibly handicapped society??).  The autistic society won't help because it is not a problem related to his autism.  The other society won't help because he is autistic!!

So.....my question is...........if enough money could be raised for materials, is there anyone out there who would consider giving some free labour?  My husband will, but obviously he would need others.  This is only an idea.............as to whether it would be acceptable or not I don't know......just want to see if there is any interest to help.  I have no idea what the situation would be with regards to insurance etc.  If I have some interest, then I will speak to my daughters teacher to progress it further.

If you are interested, or have any other suggestions, please reply.

Many thanks,

Liz

Liz, I am more than happy to help out where I can, I live near Thiviers. Happy to do some physical labouring or other non electrical/plumbing activities....i don't go there!

Drop me a line if you manage to progress this further....Good Luck....Sounds like a really good cause.

Regards

Andy