Tax declaration online

beccyj

Hi,

Just filling in my online tax declaration for the 3rd year running and the form is asking me for a "Numero de teledeclarant" which is relating to my previous avis. However, on my last avis where it is supposed to show a 7 digit number it just says "cf. votre declaration". Where is that supposed to be, I've checked everything I submitted and can't find any 7-digit figure. Help anyone please!!

beccyj

Thanks for your reply, Norman H. But which form and how do you get a "numero de teledeclarant" from filling a form in? Or am I not reading this right. Please note my original post when my last Avis d'impot doesn't give a number just the words 'cf. votre declaration', which is giving me a headache trying to look for a 7 digit number which doesn't seem to be available to me.

beccyj

If you filed online last year and they haven't sent you the forms this year you should have had a 'notice to file' - just a one page letter telling you to file online. The teledeclarant number is on that. If like me you threw this in the bin then use the contact us button on the impots website and give them all your details including date of birth and they email you the references you need in a day or so. It's a very efficient service.

[quote user="greyman"]If you filed online last year and they haven't sent you the forms this year you should have had a 'notice to file' - just a one page letter telling you to file online. The teledeclarant number is on that. If like me you threw this in the bin then use the contact us button on the impots website and give them all your details including date of birth and they email you the references you need in a day or so. It's a very efficient service.

[/quote]

I have always declared online since it became possible , but at the same time I always get a paper version also partly filled in of 2042

Are there any circumstances where people don't receive this?  I ask for information, not as a challenge [:)]

There must be Norman as I have not received the forms for a couple of years now. I vaguely recall there being a box somewhere about saving paper by filing online and I suspect I may have crossed this which has resulted in just a reminder to file online. I'll remember to save this next year as it seems to be the only notification of the teledeclarant number under these circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...
Greyman is correct. The letter, with the télédéclarant number in a blue outline box top left (some of which have been discarded - I trust they went in the yellow sac!), says:

L'an dernier, vous avez déclaré vos revenus en ligne. Comme plus d'un million d'usagers, vous avez également choisi de ne plus recevoir l'exemplaire papier de votre déclaration ...

... vous trouverez dans le cadre en haut à gauche de ce courrier vos identifiants: CONSERVEZ-LES PRECIEUSEMENT. [my emphasis :-)]

I've filed online for 6 years but still get the paper version by post, the same as Norman. I receive forms 2042K and 2042CK and the K version has name details already completed, including "N. Fiscal", for myself and Mme Sid, and the "teledeclarant" number, this latter being different each year.

However, my "Avis" for last year shows the wording "cf votre declaration", and that's the first time it has appeared. There used to be a FIP number there previously (no idea what that is!). Looking back through my documents I'm reminded that the format of the Avis changed in 2008, but in any case my Avis has never shown the teledeclarant number.

EDIT: Wouldn't the simplest thing be to contact the local tax office? Surely they must know.

[quote user="sid"]

I've filed online for 6 years but still get the paper version by post, .

[/quote]Yes, but don't you get a page coming up each year when you file on line, asking if they can stop sending you the paper version?  I do but I ignore it, hence  - or so I thought - I still get it.

I can't remember Coops, but in any case I prefer to have the hard copy as a reminder. I still have this year's to do, we have until  21st in dept 79, so I'll try and remember to take notice this time.