Canoeing the Dordogne

Hi, does anyone have a link to a good informative website about canoeing the Dordogne, or maybe could recommend a good guide book? Our son and a friend want to do a canoe trip in September starting near Liourdres and finsishing close to Bergerac, I have done a search on Google but mostly only find links to canoe hire or holiday rentals. They are experienced canoeists and will be bringing their own canoes. Any pointers will be welcome. Thanks in advance

Dave

I'm not quite clear exactly what information you're lookng for, Dago. Are they planning camping overnight on the river bank ? I think the stretch between Badefols and Lalinde might be quite to difficult to negotiate in a canoe.

Hoddy

Hi Hoddy, we really want to know if there is a decent guide to the Dordogne by canoe, if such a thing exists, I have spoken to several French friends about the chance of getting away with 'camping Sauvage' and their thoughts were that in September as long as they kept ther overnight base clean and tidy that it would be OK, I was hoping that I may be able to find a French Kayak/Canoe assosciation or something like that where I could make some enquiries. I will pass on the info about the Lalinde stretch though, thanks.

[quote user="Hoddy"]

I'm not quite clear exactly what information you're lookng for, Dago. *** they planning camping overnight on the river bank ? I think the stretch between Badefols and Lalinde might be quite to difficult to negotiate in a canoe.

Hoddy

[/quote]

This was a reply by Hoddy answering a question I had posted about canoeing the Dordogne...I have found out that the stars are hiding the word 'Are'  answers as to why on a postcard please...[:)]

I think the word they've edited is your name, Dago. I think this because if you look at your own edit on the original post - it's asterisked your name.

Let's try this and see what happens - Dago, Dago, Dago.

Hoddy

Yes that's it. It's your name - D-a-g-o.