Broadband in Tournefeuille (Nr Toulouse)

(I will also post this in the telecoms forum)

Our move looks like finally going ahead end July/Beg August.

We need to get telecoms/Broadband sorted out quickly as my OH needs to be in contact with his London office ASAP.  Speed of installation (especially as there may not be a Telecom cable, it is a new house), rather than the quality of broadband, or the cheapness of the deal will be most important with the time scales involved.  Also customer service and reliability, no point having a fast installation that does not work well and impossible to sort out!!!

I would appreciate comments & links from anyone in the area.  We are visiting again 22-25th June so could visit in person companies with outlets if this would help

Thank you,

Donna

We went to France Telecom in Auch and like you, fulcrum found them very

helpful. But they said that it would be at least 10 days before we were

connected. Also some friends have had problems in the setting up etc

and had to call in the engineer to sort it out. Pat.

Hi

If its a new house it has telephone points already installed, go into the nearest France  Telecom, they will connect the phone ( 55 euros or thereabouts ) while your there they can check to see if your location actually has Broadband / ADSL, if it has they will connect that as well with Wanadoo France, who has actually been taken over by that Orange outfit, but they promise the good service will not change! 

regards

Tim

I think Wanadoo/ Orange/France Telecom have always been the same thing. Don't know what is going on re change of name from Wanadoo to Orange but like you said Tim no change in good service. We have been with them for 8 years and when it was possible changed to broadband  2 years ago. Only one minor problem with the moden which was resolved with a brief visit no hassle to local office.Can only speak from experience but service and internet response much better than our previous well known provider.

Dont use a mobile phone,  unneccessary, but mobile blockers are great fun, and less than the average mobile phone :) and I have not heard any good about Orange that lives upto its publicity and ad campaigns!

Thank you All for your swift response.

Off to France telecom then I think.  Last time we visited the house there were lots of wires and pipes etc exposed but not terminated so impossible to see what was what and we didn't want to make the mistake of assuming ANYTHING would be included in France just because it is in the UK. 

Ok , next thing on list........