James Blunt Toulouse June 20th

I have booked suprise tickets for myself and the wife for James Blunt who is performing at the Zenith in Toulouse.

As we stay 2 hours away intend to get a hotel in the centre of Toulouse that evening.

Does anybody out there in Midi Pyreneesland have any  idea how easy/difficult public transport is to the Zenith particularly after the concert has finished later on.

Any thoughts advice welcome.

Merci

John

you don`t fancy taking my 12 year old daughter do you, she would love it but I would hate it!

Must have a look at the ticket office in Auchan, perhaps I could persuade one of her friends mums to go, and plenty of our neighbours seem to have maison secondaires up in toulouse or relatives there.

Dotty, we're about 10 minutes East of Niort (en route to St. Maxient L'Ecole), how about you?

As for the video, I've a few friends who seem to get every joke going and they forward them on to me - this one came from my nephew.

[quote user="jxedwards"]

I have booked suprise tickets for myself and the wife for James Blunt who is performing at the Zenith in Toulouse.

As we stay 2 hours away intend to get a hotel in the centre of Toulouse that evening.

Does anybody out there in Midi Pyreneesland have any  idea how easy/difficult public transport is to the Zenith particularly after the concert has finished later on.

Any thoughts advice welcome.

Merci

John

[/quote]

I'm going with my husband and daughter - it'll be a bit of a squeeze but we can drop you off in town after the concert if you like.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I wish you were coming with us too!

I owe you a pm sweetheart!

[/quote]

Me too, tried to see him in the UK,  but left it too late to get tickets, thrn looked at getting some on ebay, but with having to book flights etc it got way too expensive.

You will have to recount the concert for me when you get back an I will have my cd on and I'll pretend I'm there.

Where's this PM then Twinkle girl.

Hi, we went to the Zenith to see Depeche Mode a few months back. We stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn in Place Wilson which can be very good value for money and there is a great brasserie below.

We took the metro down to Patte d'Oie from Place Capitol which was only a few minutes, then maybe a 10 minute walk.

It was an odd evening all round. For a start, everyone seems to have driven to the Zenith, the place is almost totally soundproof so we weren't sure we got right up close that the concert was still on. It must have started really early as we got there at 8pm and the support were on their last song! Even stranger, there was no rush to the bar at the changeover, and worst of all was the inappropriate dancing which still sends shivers down my spine... I think the concert ended about 10:30 pm and the tube was still running and there were lots of buses about so I don't think you'll have a problem.

Sounds really good fun, innapropriate dancing is what I am best at.....Is the Zenith a good venue, we always keep an eye on concerts there, I guess staying the night nearby is the best option.

Regarding the venue, for actually seeing and hearing a group it is the best large venue I have ever been too (handles 9000). It's like 120 degrees of an ampitheatre, there really are no bad seats as far as I could tell. The sound quality was excellent. The bars were a little disappointing, if you imagine the beer tent at a large UK festival you'll get the idea.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jxedwards!

Did you sort out transport back to your hotel after the concert?  You said you would be in touch, but if you e-mailed me I wouldn't have gotten anything - I've changed servers recently and am still logged in on old address.  If you still need a lift please pm me.

If not have a great time at the concert!