Bordeaux Airport

My M-in-L is flying from Norwich to Bordeaux in a couple of weeks time. We have not been to the airport before and I wondered if anyone could tell me whether it will be difficult for her to find her way through customs etc. She is 79 and very on the ball, but finds Stansted daunting (unsuprisingly!) which is why we are trying this route for her as she only lives about half a mile from Norwich airport.

Is there free parking at Bordeaux for us, and is it difficult to find a place to park? (Limoges is a nightmare now due to all the UK long term dumpers[:@])

Thanks.

If she follows the other passengers then she hopefully will arrive in the baggage hall there is no customs as such just the douinas  who want to see your passport then it is out into arrivals hall

There is free parking for half an hour otherwise you pay, huge car parks so no problems parking ,just remember to take your ticket with you and pay in the terminal building before you go back to the car Do a search for bordeaux airport which gives all the info on parking

[quote user="Rob Roy"]

My M-in-L is flying from Norwich to Bordeaux in a couple of weeks time. We have not been to the airport before and I wondered if anyone could tell me whether it will be difficult for her to find her way through customs etc. She is 79 and very on the ball, but finds Stansted daunting (unsuprisingly!) which is why we are trying this route for her as she only lives about half a mile from Norwich airport.

Is there free parking at Bordeaux for us, and is it difficult to find a place to park? (Limoges is a nightmare now due to all the UK long term dumpers[:@])

Thanks.

[/quote]

The airport terminal has recently been extended, but it is nothing compared to Stansted, or even Manchester. It is still really very dinky. A bit like Norwich.[:)]

I'm sure she'll be fine; both our mums were. They are in their 80's and also find the bigger airports too much these days.

For the return journey, don't park in the parking designated for 'departures'. It's really horrible for pedestrians and drivers. It's dark, with narrow, steep ramps. Just use the arrivals parking again.

Yes, Bordeaux definitely rates as a user friendly airport IMHO. I don't think I have been to one that is easier (and I have been to quite a few!)

One word of warning, allow plenty of time to get round the Bordeaux ring road especially if you are travelling in the rush hour.[blink]

Depending on arrival / departure time you could always stop for lunch and a quick shop at Ikea.[8-|]

[quote user="Blanche Neige"]

"I quick shop at IKEA ??? "

O.K. Anton, maybe with luck [;-)] it can be stretched to half a day (or more[:)]) it all depends on flight times and traffic!

[/quote]

And how long it takes to get the meat balls up to temperature.............[:)]

Thanks everyone for the helpful information.

Re Ikea - I don't think I could drag my husband in there on point of death [:-))]- he had one experience of Ikea in Nottingham when we took our youngest son to university and that was more than enough for him!![:)]

Bordeaux airport is pleasant, not many airports are! They have planted more vines this year and the downstairs cafe has had a makeover. The free 30 mins parking is useful. We have stopped going to Ikea each time ( a much better experience than UK Ikeas!) and now go to the enormous Auchan instead- they are doing buy one get one free on some cartons of 6 Medoc and St Emilions. We bought a trolley load and then went back the next day for more ( yes, it's the season for loads of airport trips !).