Sarlat Film festival

I was in Sarlat today as well and didn't notice anything about the festival either. At the moment lots of posters about the Brocante taking place in Sarlat tomorrow. I will be going so will see if I can learn anything about it for you and will let you know.

By the way Bob T, enjoyed your blog, I have looked at it before from the Dordogne Frenchentree forum (shame about what has happened [:(]).

Anyway as I said great blog, shame about the politics though [Www].

Hi BobT, I was only joking. I was referring to your responses to another thread started by a certain someone in the Languedoc not anything to do with your blog. I had read it just prior to reading this thread. Just a difference of opinion that's all but still enjoyed your blog. [:)]

By the way La Fromantal, I did go to Sarlat today for the Brocante, the only thing I saw about a film festival in November was something about Hollywood and Anne Frank taking place, I believe on Nov. the 8th. The tourist office was closed today so couldn't find out more. I believe this particular event could be a play and not a festival, but it didn't say. If I learn anything more I will let you know.

Hi Toney F, it is part of a website called "Frenchentree" that is dedicated to the Dordogne. The people that started it will no longer be running it, it has been said that unfortunately they did not sell enough advertising.

They wrote a few very interesting articles a week that I always looked forward to reading because they all related to our special area [:)]. I also regularly looked in on the forum. It will still carry on but with different people and looks as if some changes are happening at the moment but would be worthwhile looking in,  the link is : http://www.frenchentree.com/france-dordogne/

Hoddy, just out of interest, I noticed you mentioned in the thread about restaurants that you are just a few minutes from Cenac but your profile shows you being in SW Dordogne. Am I going mad or is there another Cenac on that side of the department? The reason I asked is because I was in Cenac yesterday  (south of Sarlat in SE Dordogne) at a reclamation yard and tried to find the restaurant mentioned and then realised you said you are in SW.

WJT

Sorry I don't quite understand what you're asking.

I'm talking about Cenac et St Julien which has a reclamation yard about half way down the main street.

The restos I've mentioned recently have been the Auberge de Quercy in Salviac and Le Pre Gailardou (sp?) over the river in what probably counts as La Roque Gageac or Vitrac.

Edit: Oh dear ! How embarrassing - I've just realised that I should be in SE Dordogne. Thanks for telling me WJT ! I'll change my profile at once.

Hoddy

Hoddy, I also updated my profile of which I have never done in the first place. I will definitely check out the restaurants you mention near Cenac. Happy to hear it was the Cenac I was thinking of. [:)]

La Fromental, hopefully Tony will get back to you on the film festival but as far as restaurants go, I can recommend two in particular in Sarlat. Of course it depends on what you are looking for but many in Sarlat can be very touristy. Le Relais De Poste is a very good little restaurant that many locals appear to go to. It was recommended to us and we love it,  it has very good food at reasonable prices. http://www.ot-sarlat-perigord.fr/cgi-bin/WEB/default.asp?p=AUT_View.asp&id=269

We have also enjoyed going to La Couleuvrine, which is located in a very small hotel and was very good the few times we have been there. http://www.la-couleuvrine.com/ There is also a wonderful restaurant in Domme itself but can't recall the name but it is the one with the wonderful view [:)]. Hope you and your family have a lovely time.

Had a good look in Sarlat today, went to the cinema and the Beaureau de Tourisme - and they both said that the programme will be published about a week before the Festival starts!

They agree it's barmy doing it that way but that's the way it is I'm afraid.

Could take a couple of lessons from the London FF ...........

I'll post as soon as I see something ...............

Yes I have also noticed the Christmas decorations in the shops around here. Not to mention places like Le Bugue that keep them up all the year round [:)].

I don't know if anyone went to the brocante on Sunday in Sarlat but it was wonderful. I had to go to Cahors today (looking for interior flagstones which is turning out to be a nightmare [:(]). On the way back I noticed and stopped in a brocante just on the outskirts of Cahors. The owner asked if I went to the Sarlat brocante on Sunday,  he said he always exhibited there and said it was the biggest and best in the region. Would highly recommend it.

La Fromental, I still don't know much more about the festival yet, it appears that not much information is about until they put all of the posters up advertising it just prior. However, I was speaking with some people about it the other night and they said it is very good and that sometimes big stars go as Tom Hanks came one year as well as Gerard Depardieu. They said that students come in from all over the world. It is amazing though that until you started this thread I had never heard of it [:$].

I will post here as I am sure others will if I learn anything else about it.

[quote user="la fromental"]

Hi

Thanks for finding out all you could-it's much appreciated! Sounds amazing-I'll let you all know what it's like when we come back unless I've run off with Tom!!

[/quote]

Well I hope it is someone like Tom there for you this year but don't be too disappointed if this year it is the fellow that found the biggest cep in the area. [:D]