Accommodation needed for 7-10 days

I'll start in the B&B section because it's logical.

My husband and a 26 year old work colleague need accommodation in or near Nimes from next Sunday for 7-10 nights.  Evening meals would be preferable but not essential.  They don't want anything like a Formula One or a Campanile etc. That's why they're looking for a B&B or small hotel (preferably no more than 50-60 euros per night per room).  Anyone have anywhere, or know of anywhere?  They'd love a couple of rooms in a private home if anyone's interested. They leave by 7.30am (no breakfast needed, so you don't have to get up for them) and come back about 7.30 at night if meals are provided, or can be later if they have to eat out.  You can set the ground rules!

All I want is for hubby to be comfortable.  The 26 year old is used to living out of a suitcase away from home, hubby isn't![kiss]

PS  He's MUCH nicer than me [:P]

Leo, may I ask why you are shouting (capital letters) at St Amour?

I know it bothers some people when people post in a number of categories, but St Amour is trying to make her request visible to as many people as possible, including people who view from the main page, not the 'active' column.

St Amour. Your concern for your OH is quite charming.[:)] I hope he finds somewhere nice to stay.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Leo, may I ask why you are shouting (capital letters) at St Amour?

I know it bothers some people when people post in a number of categories, but St Amour is trying to make her request visible to as many people as possible, including people who view from the main page, not the 'active' column.

St Amour. Your concern for your OH is quite charming.[:)] I hope he finds somewhere nice to stay.

[/quote]

I wasn't aware that using capitals was shouting . I have never seen somone post the same question 4 times in ten minutes , so I think my question was a reasonable one to ask, I was neither shouting at, or complaining but, merely asking .

I was certainly not expecting a question from you , my expectation was St Amour would come back with something like -oops

Leo

I don't think that Nimes is South Western France.

Correction. I do, compared to the northern Med area Nimes is SW, but this site and others treat it as South Eestern France.

Having wafffed through that, you need  a Gite near good restaurants and takeaways !

Mine is too far away alas.

Good luck.

John

I was certainly not expecting a question from you , my expectation was St Amour would come back with something like -oops

Leo, Did you think she posted it 4 times accidentally? If so, don't you think she would have noticed and indeed said 'oops'?

It's a forum, Leo, anyone can answer.

Going by the style and content of your post, I thought you were being hostile to St Amour, and I thought your apparent hostility was a bit over the top

Lots of people aren't aware that caps are shouting, but the way you put your question to St Amour, coupled with the Caps Lock, made me think you were aware you had Caps Lock on...

That's just a misunderstanding then, so easy in cyberspace.[;-)]

[quote]

That's just a misunderstanding then, so easy in cyberspace.[;-)]

[/quote]

So easy in cyberspace????.......cor blimey Madam, it's hard enough in Balham     [:D]

Coco,  might be best to take a look through the Gîtes de France website

http://www.gites-de-france.fr/fr/index.htm

Typical, it won't work, how the hell are links done on here, it's a hit & miss affair wiv me !!

Thanks Tresco, I've just read this thread and I too thought Leo was being aggressive and I didn't quite know why!  Sorry if you weren't Leo, but I would normally never look in SE or SW France, some people don't look in B&B and some don't look in Postbag.  That's why I posted in all of them.  Even if people don't live in SE France and therefore don't normally look at that forum they may have stayed in a superb B&B that they could recommend.

Miki, I tried the GDF site last night but I find it so user unfriendly if you're just browsing.  You seem to have to know EXACTLY where you want to be to getr any results.

I've hopefully found one via Arnold's faithful http://www.Ourinns.org site which looks like it's only about 20 minutes from Nimes, so if she who will be paying the bill approves of it he's already fixed up.  Trouble is, it now looks like he'll be gone for two full weeks.  Oh God, how many spiders can have attacked me in that time? [:-))]

We are shutting up shop Zeb.   Unfortunately we have an elderly, poorly cat who can't be left and who is too old and grumpy to be put in a cattery now.  Besides OH will be working 12 hour days so I will get pretty bored on my own and will probably spend all that he earns entertaining myself, making the whole exercise a little pointless.

St Amour ..............

Just seen this, so pls ignore my question on the 'Lunch in Paris' thread about where they're staying.

I couldn't help at all re hotels / accom in or around Nimes, except to say that staying close to the centre of town has a lot of advantages when you're away on business for a week or two.  It's a nice city, and (like anywhere else) you do at least have a choice of places to eat of an evening. Staying 20 mins away, probably means 'the middle of nowhere', and I suspect that they'd be a bit stuck.

If it was me, I'd look for a 2* hotel as close to the centre as possible - the Tourist Office should be able to help.  at this time of the year, it needn't be all that expensive.  Just ask, if you need more direct help.

Thanks to both Ian and Leo.  They have now booked a B&B in Congenies - you're probably right about it being in the middle of nowhere Ian - but the rates are extremely competitive and the lady is going to do evening meals at a good rate too.  However, as I said in the lunch thread, I'd be interested to know of any decent places for a plat du jour, or the occasional evening meal, close the the university hospital, which appears to be on the junction of Ave des Francais and Avenue Kennedy.

One more thing, is the station enormous?  Is it in a horrible one-way system or anything like that?  Any ideas of a good place for them to meet each other - the other guy will be picking my husband up by car at 8.30 on Sunday evening.

Thanks Ian, although the location of Congenies isn't really too important as they will want to eat out at lunchtime whilst working at the hospital, or early evening after finishing work at about 7pm.  However, for your information, it's about 17km west of Nimes on the D40.