Demande d' information

Mac

We filled in our french tax forms(first time) and sent them off. We have received a letter from that Tax Office asking for more information. Most is straightforward-date of arrival ownership of property ect. However 1 question has me baffled-or rather not the question by the answer. Question is:- Avez vous tranfere definitivement votre domicle fiscal en France.? (which I translate as -Are you now a permanent resident in France for tax purposes) To which the answer is yes but alongside the box to tick for yes it says ''Veuillez justifier''-what proof do they want? I can send them copies of bills for taxe d'habition and foncaire and for utilities but would that prove permanent residence? I also have copies of Certificat de Residence ou de Domicile from the Marie-would that be enough? Thanks in advance.Oh administration and bureaucracy!!!!

[quote user="Mac"]...I also have copies of Certificat de Residence ou de Domicile from the Marie-would that be enough? [/quote]

I would send them a copy of that for now and let them decide if that's proof enough.

If they want more, you will have to ask them what else they need.

Do they want the form that you fill in to say you are tax resident in France and no longer in the UK? Sorry can't remember the name of it. As I remember we got it from HMRC, filled it in, took it to the local tax office who sent it to Paris and several months later we got confirmation from HMRC that we would no longer be taxed in the UK.

[quote user="greyman"]It would be interesting to reply that you are unable to prove that you are permanently resident in France and hence presumably they won't wish to tax you as such, will they ? Where would we be without box tickers ? [8-)]

[/quote]

If only!!!!!

[quote user="EmilyA"]Do they want the form that you fill in to say you are tax resident in France and no longer in the UK? Sorry can't remember the name of it. As I remember we got it from HMRC, filled it in, took it to the local tax office who sent it to Paris and several months later we got confirmation from HMRC that we would no longer be taxed in the UK.[/quote]

If you mean the France Individuel form, it is the tax office which signs to say you are taxable in France, so it is unlikely to be that form if they are asking for proof

You mean the France Individual form but that is not obligatory and only necessary if you have income from the UK which you want to have paid gross.

It does seem perverse that on the one hand you are saying 'here I am, please tax me' and on the other all the French taxman can say is prove it !

I had the same with my 2nd return and a signed and stamped from the Mairie did the business.

[quote user="NormanH"]Which is why I say it is unlikely to be the France Individuel form.

[/quote]

Hi,

On the contrary, presenting them with that form and a copy of an already submitted HMRC form P85, would be an excellent proof of intention.

The problem is that they don't accept the France  Individuel form until they have already received the déclaration and issued an Avis.

I tried to get them to deal with it in November when I started to receive my OAP, and they categorically refuse to handle it until they have dealt with my déclaration for this year.

Actually I think I was thinking of the P85 and confusing it with the process of the France Individuel. It seems to me the P85 is important because whenever I speak to HMRC they ask me for the date I left the UK. A copy of it would seem to establish very clearly that you had left the UK and would be taxed abroad.