Taxes...

We're not in 24 (further south in 65), but also didn't get a taxe fonciere bill but did get one for habitation - until the overdue reminder for the fonciere turned up a couple of weeks ago, with 10 percent added for late payment..........Went down to the Tresor Public and explained and they let me off the 10 percent - if I paid there and then!

I would suggest you go and explain you haven't had a bill - my reasoning being that if you've had habitation, they know about you and somewhere there's an overdue account.  Someone we know was in a similar situation and only discovered they owed the fonciere when they were asked to get a declaration from the Tresor Public confirming they didn't owe any tax - and discovered they did!

Lou

We had a tax habitation bill the first year we bought -2003 but then got an exemption the following year due to the renovation works, and havent had one since.  We completed the form when all the work was done and the builder signed it and sent it off - we even sent a second one 12 months later just in case he hadnt posted it. We do have the tax fornicere but when we queried the lack of the tax habitation at the maries office the lady said 'c'est vide n'est pas? and they know we only go there a few weeks a year and intend making it permanently shortly but heh, I could be living in cuckoo land and end up with 4 years of tax bills!!