Cranes flying

They're here! A loud 'burbling' noise heard above the roof, a quick dash outside and there they were, at 20 minute intervals. Skeins of Cranes flying from the South. Northwards into a stiff wind. Are they the first sighted? Or have other people seen them too? Am I the first?

Hi Chocolate - great excitement! Evidence that spring is coming. I was out picking spinach for dinner about 17.00 and heard such a noise - I thought it was a chasse in the distance, but looking up (in 47) I saw wave upon wave of them - hubby got the binocs out and thought they were cranes too. Where exactly do you think they came from? Maybe S. France or Africa?

Sue

Hi

We are near just north of Cahors and  my hubby saw them at about 4pm.  At 5pm our little hobby craft group had to put down their paints, stop talking and stare in amazement as large squadrons flew over our house.

The cranes were louder than our chatting and that's saying something!.

Thanks Dick. I clicked on your link and saw that they have been sighted for quite a while. Sorry. I was so excited as thet were the first we had seen here in the Lot this year. I now realise that the coming and going is not so concentrated as I had at first thought. Thanks for the helpful info. Spring please hurry up. We are all sick of the rain now.

I saw them in the Gers on both Friday and Sunday, I'd had a pretty tricky meeting with our immos boss trying for compensation and I was just glad to see mother nature doing its thing, seeing the natural beauty of the Gers I don't care that I wasn't the first to see them this year just glad I did[:)] and it kind of puts the rest of life into perspective.