Winter's back

I've just driven to the village for my elderly neighbour and there's hardly any snow on the ground there! They're about 100m lower in altitude...

Here, we've got about 1 inch already, it's -0.5ºC and blowing a blizzard[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/winter-146.gif[/IMG]

So far we have had snow, sleet and now it is sunny. They forecast thunder storms this pm then 2 days of snow. We are 1500 feet up and an inch of snow cuts us off as we have small wooded lanes to drive though to get anywhere. Nearly had a nasty accident a couple of years ago so we just stay put.

I must say we expected this as it has done something similar for the last couple of years - but not with the good weather we just had.

Still just using the logburner and one electric heater for the whole barn, has to go below zero before we run the central heating.

At least it was good for Cheltenham and it gave John something to watch on Sky...

Di

We had a flurry of snow for about 10 mins this morning, the temps are down to about 8, which compared to yesterdays temps of 20 +  feels freezing..........we are just off to reclaim some wood from a tree that was blown down at the local supermarket on Saturday, It will dry off nicely for next year[:D]

Weather here in 24 is all over the place today - sorry, no pun intended.  Rain, sleet, hail and a bit of snow punctuated with sunny spells - I blame it all on Sarkozy meself!  Drove to Bergerac airport this lunch time and it was down to 2 degrees seems to be a significant wind chill factor.

Covered all the seedlings with fleece and made sure the lids of the cold frames are secured, gardening for the next few days seems to be off - and just as the potager was drying out enough to get some early beans and stuff in!