Perpignan to Lourdes?

Hi

We'll be holidaying in Argeles in July and are planning to drive across to the Lourdes area on our way home. I just wondered if the extra 2 hours drive via Foix was worth it as against the motorway via Toulouse? I believe it's going to take about 5 & half hours.  We live in the Vendee but thought we could across to the west of France so we could see some more of France. The kids are getting the beach & Spain but we want to see the mountains!

The one small complication is that we will be travelling on 14 July! I believe the Tours de France will be in Foix area but I have no idea if it will delay our drive.

Any advice, thoughts etc. would be most welcome.

Kind regards

lynpy

Hi Lynpy,

I can't tell you much about the road from Foix to Lourdes as I've never done it. I can tell you that Perpignan to Foix is a nice road but not particularly quick. It will take about 2hrs 30 to complete. I would certainly avoid Foix itself on that day.

You are really going to struggle as it's the Etape that weekend. Our house in Belesta was filled at the start of the year and we have had lots of enquiries from people. I've passed them on to BnB owners so you may struggle to get somewhere to stay.

Thanks Smiley

In that case, I think I'd be safer forgetting the scenic route and doing the motorway via Carcassone & Toulouse and drop down to Lourdes/Tarbes. I didn't realise it would take so long to get to Foix, but of course it's difficult looking at a general map to get an idea of the route.

Many thanks

Lynpy