Desperate Househusbands - South West

emmmmm - maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'desperate' - just trying to be topical and looks like this may turn into a completely different type of forum! So, to clarify....I can't be the only bloke in the area whose wife is the one that commutes back to the UK (can I..???) ...which incidentally doesn't mean I sit around all day - plenty to do thanks.....!

Your wife is away earning a crust. Any other services that your wife provides e.g. cooking will be available locally and can be paid for out of the money that your wife is earning - surely you don't have a problem with this ?

John

not

What strange reactions I'm getting here.....hummmmmm. Not quiet sure what you're getting at in terms of the 'services' my wife provides. Things have moved on a bit in my world in that, believe it or not, some men cook - amongst the other 'services' also provided. Probably best to ask questions before jumping to conclusions, so here's a bit more info to help enlighten the bothered and bewildered.......

I gave up (very willingly!) a perfectly good career flying round the world for 22 years to enable and support my wife in pursuing hers - how very modern! So, I run our smallholding together with it's menagerie of animals (including a couple of gorgeous horses), and our gite business in the stunningly beautiful Ariege and...I'm a very active director of my wife's company.

It's just that I'm the one lucky enough to be at home now and fancied sharing my experiences with other blokes in the same situation. I never suggested I didn't earn any dosh - god forbid I was a kept man - that would never do would it? [:D] Oh - and for the record I'm 44 - i.e. my whole life has been post women getting the vote! Anyway - better get on, I've got a Victoria sponge in......[;-)]

[quote user="Simon Ariege"]What strange reactions I'm getting here.....hummmmmm. Not quiet sure what you're getting at in terms of the 'services' my wife provides. Things have moved on a bit in my world in that, believe it or not, some men cook - amongst the other 'services' also provided. Probably best to ask questions before jumping to conclusions, so here's a bit more info to help enlighten the bothered and bewildered.......

I gave up (very willingly!) a perfectly good career flying round the world for 22 years to enable and support my wife in pursuing hers - how very modern! So, I run our smallholding together with it's menagerie of animals (including a couple of gorgeous horses), and our gite business in the stunningly beautiful Ariege and...I'm a very active director of my wife's company.

It's just that I'm the one lucky enough to be at home now and fancied sharing my experiences with other blokes in the same situation. I never suggested I didn't earn any dosh - god forbid I was a kept man - that would never do would it? [:D] Oh - and for the record I'm 44 - i.e. my whole life has been post women getting the vote! Anyway - better get on, I've got a

Victoria sponge in.....

Hi Simon,

just as well you didn't type sponge with a capital S

[/quote]