Are you busy trick or treating?

Just wondered how busy it is in the SW, lots of trick / treaters here, gave a few of them a bit of a "trick" myself - put on a strange mask when I opened the door!

I've run out of sweeties now, so hoping the bell won't ring again (the poor dog has got a sore throat with all his barking)

Im not in bed to sleep , this is my mini office , telly, lap top, 2 cats, hot water bottle and mini snickers , Im set up for a few hours yet, and your more than welcome to come and join us , you can have the mini bountys I dont like them[:)]

You must be a cat lover!We have just signed our first contract and will be in France.....not far from Libourne..St Emillion and looking for a name for our property ..DOMAINE  Miaou could be an appropriate title....we love cats...and, I think have have a kitten waiting to move in.

We ARE INTERESTED TO HEAR FROM people living near our area who have interest in  music...modern Jazz...Flamenco...and John Mayall/Eric Clapton/Peter Green in their early days.

Also we are interested in modern art and sculture and holistic remedies...reiki...reflexology.

We are organising courses...for next summer.

Our facilities include a  large garden..nearby river and reception/entertaining areas which we will cater to a very high standard.

We are open to ideas ...so let us know if you are a  teacher of art, music or a practitioner.

Maybe the Police threats to pounce on Trick or Treaters worked because we had nobody except our litle grand-daughter whom my daughter had taken out with some of her friends and their younger sisters.   We were here all ready and waiting with a large bowl of sweeties having hung up the severed head, skeletons etc around the doorway - and worst of all OH was raring to go with the fright mask and axe when he answered the door................ then nobody came!!!   He was rather disappointed.

Here's my little witch last night.  Isn't she cute?

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/moya011/Liv-HallowEen2007.jpg[/IMG]

I had a party of 10 children arrive on the doorstep (4 from next door)- all really dressed up, three parents were waiting at the gate...I had a tub of treats ready.I suspect they were having a party later.....

Later a little girl knocked the door, she was on her own, but her father who was multi tasking (walking the dog !) was waiting for her.....

All lovely, polite children.........[:D]

I took out my daughter and her friend Léa Trick or Treating, this is them afterwards sharing out the booty! (My daughter on the right with scary red eye effect)

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/Lisleoise/HalloweenwithLea002.jpg[/IMG]

Today... I discovered what trick or treat was about when I went to post two letters.....some childs idea of fun was to pour a jar of jam in the mouth of and down the front of the post box  last night ...no doubt the postman will find most of it in with the villages mail.  Somebody will have to be called out to wash inside and out the post box ....some trick .. I managed to slide my envelopes into the box in poor light this morning and  felt the Bl....y stuff ..    

What a lot of delightful photos, thanks to all for posting them.

Our daughter went out with 3 of her friends, but after the onslaught of children for 2 hours here, by the time she arrived with said friends, all the goodies were gone.

I put on our "Scream" mask, and opened the door with a large growl, unfortunately scaring two lovely little 4 year olds!   Their Dad thankfully thought it was funny so all was well.

Glad to say no pranks, no fireworks through letter boxes etc. so pleased to have left that behind.

I must admit, I too, had a wonderful night. I bought a mask, just for he occasion. I opened the door and shouted at the top of my voice, "wadda want". Scared the shi*Te out the little soles.

"Trick or treat " they said. So I asked ,"what do you have". As they showed me their baskets of goodies, I took out a Mars bar and said "I'll have the treat" and closed the door. That 'll teach the Little b**tards for next year.

No, I'm not that much of sod......... I gave them sweets in abundance, but I'll bet they had nightmares.!!!!!!!!!!!