Where did you move to in SW France

Hi Vicky

I needed sunglasses to read your post!

Do you know about the 'mum's in france' group running in the Castillonnes/Eymet/Duras area? If not I can send you details of the group which may well be of interest.

Bill

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

A few of mine and I have recently purchase a house just west of St Affrique near Le Truel in the South Aveyron (12).  My friend moved from Sheffield to live down there at Easter with my help. I am spending as much time as possibly down there for now and will move full time at the end of February. As yet we have met no other expats in our area. We would like to get together with others in our area. We are keen foodies and love to entertain at home, visit friends for food or eat out. Otherwise we have wide interests including music (keen concert goers), reading, gardening, movies and travel. We are also keen dog owners and are very proud of our rescue (re-homed) German shepherd dog called Kimber.

Vicky.....

Thought that I would get in touch...we are cat lovers.....we have not moved into our house yet.....will be end of Jan....moving to the area Nov 13th.We are to be in Gensac...maybe 20 mins from you.My e mail address is [email protected]. I am Barbara.

We found ourselves driving out off Duras ...in the wrong direction and came across Prune Village a commune for Buddist Nuns.We were invited into have a look at their world.....it was both interesting and enlightening.

The concept of living for the day is sesable...but not so easy to achieve.

• 1 month later...

Has no one moved to the South West in the last 2 months?  I suppose that it is a quiet time for house moving?  I see more British number plates all the time.  French News or Connexions reported that 60% of all house sales to foreigners are now to the British (followed by Holland and Belgium, well down at approx 10%).  Presumably the Germans are buying houses in Eastern Europe?

[quote user="Cathy"]

Has no one moved to the South West in the last 2 months?  I suppose that it is a quiet time for house moving?  I see more British number plates all the time. 

Well it is holiday time and the time for those old uninsured wrecks to come out of the barns for use during the holidays.

French News or Connexions reported that 60% of all house sales to foreigners are now to the British (followed by Holland and Belgium, well down at approx 10%). 

and you believe anything the connexion says?  Question, how do they know?

Presumably the Germans are buying houses in Eastern Europe?

No they have bought Majorca[:)]  Much more sensible than buying 4 walls and a pile of stones in France[:D]

[/quote]

[quote user="Northender"]

Now we are getting regional.

Everybody north of Watford would quote the nursery rhyme verse as :

"Sticks and snails , and puppy dogs tails"

Now THATS what little girls are made of!

[/quote]Not so.........!

I don't have a visa in my passport to go North of Watford Gap services but I can tell you that in the civilised world South of it we do indeed say...

"Sticks and snails, and puppy dogs tails" and sometimes "Slugs and snails , and puppy dogs tails"

[:P] [:D]

I'm very much a "softie" southerner, and we always said that boys were "frogs and snail and puppy dog tails"

Perhaps it's not so much a north/south thing, but depends more on the who first taught it to you.  But girls were always "sugar and spice and all things nice".

[quote user="Just Katie"]

Is it my imagination or is Ron mellowing a bit? [blink]

He will be letting the chit chatters tickle his belly next. [:D]

C'mon Ronnie Boy, roll over.  One, two three...................

[/quote]

JK, you are getting very close to that thick ear.................. and being locked up in the lounge again[;-)]