Where did you move to in SW France

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

three exciting years on the Haute Garonne/Gers borders near Samatan.

We have a 12th century castle, 3 collies and a load of dyslexic hens -they mistake kitchen for chicken, even though I have told them they enter at their peril.

By the way, am I the only one to be disturbed by French laws that apparently allow you to marry your daughter (cf. John not Di)?

• 2 weeks later...
St Laurent des Hommes (24) between Montpon and Mussidan.  Before that 3 years near St Malo in Brittany and 6 years in the Dordogne near Ste Foy La Grande prior to that.  Married, four children all married and soon to have 10th grandchild (3 half French). 

• 4 weeks later...

We have a house in St Just to the west of Brantome.(24) Still in renovation with intention of full time life there within 2 years, that's my wife and I, no children, no pets and hopefully no pests but lots of guest, old friends and new.

Trevor

And that's something to be proud of is it?  Do we really need to know, I don't wish you any harm but can't you just live quietly and let us all carry on in our normal 'straight' world.  This will probably provoke alot of backlash but it's time someone stood up for 'straight' rights too.  I don't want my grandchildren to be brought up in a world where they are taught that there is a third way.  I have known many people in my life time across all continents who are homosexual and they have are super people but none of them has found the need to shout it from the roof tops.  When do you hear about others with genetic defects (because that is what it is) shouting about their problems.

Disgruntled

I thought it was hilarious, maybe not everyone is familiar with the Little Britain sketch (hard to believe though).  It is difficult enough for some to make the decision to move to rural france but must be even harder for a gay couple, it must take a lot of courage. I know there have been a few other gay couples on the site but I would be interested to know how you are received in your village. Hopefully, you don't run into too many prejudices like what we have just seen.

Mops, it's because of people like you, that People like Paul and Nigel have to 'shout from the rooftops'. I appreciate your right to bring up your grand children anyway you see fit, but with comments like your 'genetic defects' one, I do feel sorry for them!

[quote]Hi all, Moved to Couret (31) 3k from Aspet 20 months ago With my partner Nigel. We also have houses in a village called Soueich (31) that we rent out. I think we are the only gays in the village.......[/quote]

Hello Paul, gay & Happy!

I was perturbed by the comment made after your post and I wanted to write to point out that I too took your comment as a Little Britain Reference, not as a flag waving...

Not that I could care less or more one way or another. If you're nice polite decent people, it does not bother me what colour your socks are!

Clair

As I don't watch the programme 'Little Britain' I have no idea what it's about.  I didn't know that he was joking.  As I said before I have no problem with people being gay, just believe that our sexual preferences are better not aired on a forum.  I am not in the slightest bit ashamed I am just as entitled to have my say on the matter as anyone else.  If some people have taken offense that is their problem.  Chaqu'un son gout!

[quote]As I don't watch the programme 'Little Britain' I have no idea what it's about. I didn't know that he was joking. As I said before I have no problem with people being gay, just believe that our sex...[/quote]

"As I said before I have no problem with people being gay, just believe that our sexual preferences are better not aired on a forum. I am not in the slightest bit ashamed I am just as entitled to have my say on the matter as anyone else"

OR

"as I said before... no problem with poeple being bigotted, just... not aired on a forum... entitled to my say..."

OR

"as I said before... no problem with people being Catholic, just... not aired on a forum... entitled to my say..."

OR

"as I said before... no problem with people being different, just ... not aired on a forum... entitled to my say..."

Clair

Why bother commenting.  There is nothing more to be added.  Nobody is discussing religion here.  Some subjects are best avoided.  I wouldn't openly admit on this forum to being a Muslim, Catholic etc.  some things are best kept to ourselves, which was the point I was trying to make.  The subject is closed as far as I am concerned.  Si vous voulez continuer de discuter ce sujet faites le ailleurs, mais pas ici s'il vous plait madame.

[quote]Why bother commenting. There is nothing more to be added. Nobody is discussing religion here. Some subjects are best avoided. I wouldn't openly admit on this forum to being a Muslim, Catholic etc....[/quote]

Don't discuss your preferences, some people might find them objectionable!

"Si vous voulez continuer de discuter ce sujet faites le ailleurs, mais pas ici s'il vous plait madame."

Why not? You discussed your preferences clearly enough.

And why turn to French???

Clair

Sorry if what I posted upset anyone. It was a joke. Being Welsh and gay I thought it was funny after moving from a city life to a village one. I was under the impression that the French where the humourless ones not the British!. Would my post have upset anyone if I said "lets hope England don't get though into the World Cup like the Welsh won't!"

Peace and gay dust to you all xxxx

[quote]Sorry if what I posted upset anyone. It was a joke. Being Welsh and gay I thought it was funny after moving from a city life to a village one. I was under the impression that the French where the humo...[/quote]

"I was under the impression that the French where the humourless ones ...!"

Hey! Now you're upsetting me!!

Hwyl, Hwyl fawr

Clair