This cold snap

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me Cathy, a hot water bottle might seem a bit old fashioned but they do warm you up. Feet are the hardest to warm up, so a nice snug bottle does the trick without fail. And surprisingly it lasts for hours. Great for when you're feeling poorly too. It's the thing my children ask for when they are unwell. If you haven't got one, I recommend you buy one or two. They are not too expensive in England, about £6-£7.

Failing that, if you're in bed, which I guess you are not at the moment, is to get the quilt and lift it up and completely wrap around tootsies, no drafts. Very snug.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Crickey, what have I done?

I'm living on my own in France with four children to look after (my husband is living in the UK as we have a business to run).  I have enjoyed making friends in this Forum.  It has been a lifeline to me.  I've had so much help from SO many people here.

It's late on Sunday evening and I really could do without people like you being nasty and abusive.  I am very upset.

I'm in a similar situation to you, but I do get to see my husband at night. We have our own family run business, a pub with accommodation and restaurant, and he works very long hours. We too have a family, 4 children but one has flown the nest, and that side of things lands on my shoulders and I do work at the pub too. I too find pleasure reading and sometimes joining in on the forum. If you find it useful, that's all that matters.

Liz

Iceni - the four children are mine and they are here with me in France.  I might get into bed with one of them right now!

And Wooly, thanks for the moral support.  500 posts and no one has ever been nasty before.  It was quite a shock.  I'm fine now although a little nervous about the Forum, especially as I've been rather open about being so upset.  I'll be more circumspect from now on.