Are you anywhere near Pujols

Good morning....we have recently purchased our property in 33 not far from St Emillion...and we are interested to hear from suppliers of local produce...anyone who has a small vineyard  which our clients can visit...or if you arrange trips.We are also happy to hear from Holistic practictioners, artists who can teach their art forms and registered painters/decorators.Also teachers of French.

We are transforming our property into a B and B ...with a pofessional kitchen...to teach cooking...our background is with restaurants in London where we developed modern and classical styles reaching 3 AA rosette level...similar to one star Michelin...but without all the frills of the samaliar in the dining room...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Also interested to discuss the possability of starting a dining club for those who are extreemly kean on cooking and like to share their ideas and productions.
                                                            ------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am confused!Simple....my idea.....for those who like cooking for others.....lets say you are two and you would like to cook for 4/6 like minded people...in your home...and then the next time....maybe during winter when  you are "at home more often" you go to another members home.Or you could arrange a dinner where one person brings a cold starter...the host cooks mains and veg and the third party desser....maybe the 7/8 person provides cheese and petite fours.

This is an idea to get people aquainted with their neighbours...maybe gather some buisness ideas, receipes and enjoy local produce.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - lets try again - you were a restauranter, to a high standard  - you  say you want to discuss the possibility of starting a 'dining club' which is a term sometimes used for a kind of enterprise where people have to join an organization, at some expense, before being allowed to eat in certain restaurants. ( Gordon Ramsay visited one in his show on UK TV last week) It wasn't until your third post that you explained what you meant, which I said we used to do and call 'A movable feast'

Of course there are food snobs as I'm sure you well know, the group of people I used to belong to who joined the movable feast evenings contained a couple of those, thats all.

Its not 'my' web site but that of an organization of which I am an active member. We are far from cliquey, but there are a limited number of people, especially outside of France, who collect French Faïence and the site is aimed toward them. As it happens it is a 'work in progress' and constructive criticism is always welcome.

OP means Original poster, other commonly used 'codes' include LOL - Laugh out loud and AFAIK- As far as I know and AFAIC - As far as I am concerned. Here is a list : http://www.interchat.co.uk/abbreviations/chat-abbreviations-acronyms.html

Jon - I'd just like to say good luck to you.     Sometimes because you don't hear the tone of the words stated they can be misunderstood.   However, my belief after reading the whole thread is that some were harsh and very keen to have a pop at you.     You may be pleased to read we are not all like that.    We have visited St.Emilion and St. Foy le Grande and both are very pretty.   By the way (but you probably know anyway) Dept 24 is not that far from you.  Again good luck.

I know that not everyone is grumpy and unkind......but arriving in a cold enviroment is not enchanting!I knwo exactly that 24 is very close....infact I was there today...Issegac and Monbazilliac.I know the area reasonably well and hope to find some nice/pleasant people to chat to via this website.

My London chefing background has offended...and my outgoing networking....but I do sense a little sour grapes...and the vines outside my window are bare!
Have a lovely new year everyone.

[quote user="jon"]

I know that not everyone is grumpy and unkind......but arriving in a cold enviroment is not enchanting!I knwo exactly that 24 is very close....infact I was there today...Issegac and Monbazilliac.I know the area reasonably well and hope to find some nice/pleasant people to chat to via this website.

My London chefing background has offended...and my outgoing networking....but I do sense a little sour grapes...and the vines outside my window are bare!
Have a lovely new year everyone.

[/quote]

Talking about vines and St. Emilion, when we were there we saw the most expensive bottle we've ever seen before.....8700€ !    We bought half a dozen.....er, not!

[quote user="Bugbear"]Forgive my intrusion but I have a real feeling of deja vu on this thread................[;-)][/quote]

You must post that twice to have any impact

If you avoid the tourist shops / flashy wineries you can buy some marvelous wines of the fringes of St Emilion for 3 Euros a bottle