Off airport parking Bordeaux Merignac?

Is anyone aware if there is any off airport long term parking near Bordeaux Merignac please?  Whilst I could park in the long term car park at the airport the cost soon mounts up on anything over an 8 day stay.  There are so many off airport car parks in the UK but as yet I don't think anyone has started them up here in France - there's probably not the need to I suppose.

Many thanks [:D]

Hi Anton

No I haven't seen anything either.  It's a shame because it's just so expensive to leave the car in the long stay there for say 3 weeks or so.  In the UK you can get a good deal if you book and pay in advance but it's not possible to do it at Bordeaux at the moment.  Thanks for the reply though and if you hear of anything it would be great if you could let me know. [:D]

Ah ha!  I was just looking on the Bordeaux airport website for an email contact when I happened upon this amazing bit of "latest news"

PARKING « P4 » : UN NOUVEAU PARKING « ÉCO » DÈS MARS 2008

Déjà gestionnaire de 3.800 places de parkings réparties sur 5 parcs, l’aéroport a commencé la construction d’un 6ème parc de stationnement. Offrant 1 200 places, ce nouveau parc baptisé « P4 », entièrement sécurisé, sera mis en service début mars 2008. Situé à proximité de la zone de fret, il reliera l’aérogare toutes les quinze minutes par une navette dédiée. Ce nouveau parking aura l’avantage d’être économique et s’adressera plutôt aux stationnements supérieurs à 5 jours. Renseignements : 05 56 34 50 71

So it would appear that the airport had already identified that they were not offering any real long term parking and has addressed the problem.  If it doesn indeed open in March this year then my problems will be solved - fantastic.  If they charge the same as Toulouse Blagnac do then it won't be too expensive - fingers crossed everyone who uses Bordeaux. [:)][:)][:)]

Hi Cathy

Thanks for the reply, there isn't really a deadline actually.  We finally took the plunge and bought a car after managing with hire cars and driving down here for 3 years or more.  In the future we will down here for longer periods of time each time but may need to go home to the UK for 3-4 weeks in between.  We therefore need to leave the car somewhere.  As it currently is so expensive at Bordeaux airport we thought it wouldn't be a reasonable option to leave the car parked there for any length of time.  If the car park does indeed open in March and if it isn't too expensive then it will be an option but it might turn out to be not as cheap as we hope.  In which case any new parking found would be of great interest to me so I would be so grateful if you could keep your eyes and ears open on my behalf. 

Thanks for taking an interest,

Kim  [:)]

• 2 weeks later...