Plasterer needed!

HI,

As we can't seem to get on with the french plaster, I'm looking for a plasterer in 46. It's for an old house just to skim the walls etc. Also if they're are any joiners out there, I need some wardrobes making in a loft conversion. The artisans i've approached lately seemed to be booked up for ever. Of course it's August and a lot are on holiday. Any help will be great.

Thanks Shelly

If you want to have a bash at plastering, try Lutece 2000L - it's easy to work with, doesn't dry out too quickly and is very forgiving. An English plasterer recommended it to us years ago - he used it for skimming.

If you want artisans try www.artisananglais.com but as you say, it's the holidays, so you may not get anyone out to you for a while.

[8-)]hi zeb .you sound like a knowledgable sort of person .i am looking for an answear to my do it yourself plafond .its a bit undulating .and from the response i am getting to my plight for a plasterer in the nw dordogne area i am going to have to give it a go myself .i can do extensions, wiring, plumbing etc but i am a plaster disaster .this lutec l stuff i have heard of before and is it possible to use it like pollyfilla enduit sort of thing? and could i fill and sand with it? thanks for any help john ps ihave to add the ceiling at the moment is just bare plasterboard thanks.

Hi - not very knowledgable I'm afraid, but yes, you can do a thick mix and fill with it then sand, or make a thinner mix and skim. We've rough plastered with it - over plasterboard, over stone walls, and filled up large gaps/holes with it. We've also skimmed with it.

Make sure you buy 2000L as the working time is longer.

• 3 weeks later...