Hoping to Move to Region 24

Hello,

We are in the process of looking to purchase a campsite in region 24 near Sarlat and although very excited and can't wait to get on with life and fit into the community, we are a little also a little apprehensive.

Our main concerns are whether there are any english speaking doctors/dentists in the area and whether there are any ex-pat groups we can get involved with.

Thank you

I wish you all the best in your venture. I would think that if you are intending to run a business, then the French bureaucracy is going to be a much bigger problem than a French speaking doctor.

As Sarlat has a large British population then there will be others who use the local doctors and there will be one or two who speak English.

Good part of the World but

"Our main concerns are whether there are any english speaking doctors/dentists in the area"

Based on my experience you will be amazed at how much you linguistic skills improve when you wish to inform a Russian speaking dentist that she has just put a drill about 6 inches say 17 cms through the roof of your mouth. When we moved I carefully learnt the French for Canines Molars and Incisors only to discover they refer to teeth by numbers.

First French dentist was great fun but very surprised when I knew any Arabic/Farsi. He used to say things like that should have hurt and be very surprised when I said it did. Ended up having to translate Anna & Kate McGarrigle’s  ‘Kiss and Say Good Bye’ because he had a Rufus Wainwright CD on his system. His senior partner may be a better dentist but is less fun

Thinking about it, our doctor, in St Cyprien speaks reasonable English, our dentist (in nearby Siorac) is South African, and the best dentist my other hakf has EVER used (I'm 48 with my own teeth and no fillings, so it doesn't bother me!), but it's fun to try and speak French, and it gives the resident French a laugh!