Choirs in Lot/Dordogne

Welcome to the Forum, Lottie.  Presumably you mean an English speaking choir?

Where we are, there are a lot of French choirs, who sing some songs in English and welcome English singers to help them.  I found mine by going to the local Mairie and the Library.

There is definately an 'international' choir based in Figeac. Our French friends are members and we have seen a concert on one occasion. I cannot remember the name/contact details at the moment but will try and get some info for you in about 3/4 weeks time on our next visit to France.

John

Not necessarily English speaking, we look for any opportunity to improve our French these days.  Figeac isn't too far and I'll keep trying to find out more for myself too.  I just thought that someone on here might already belong to a choir in the area.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Lottie

If you ask at your local ecole de musique (there is one in Gourdon and another in Cahors) they will give you all the necessary info. Teachers at the school often run choirs and are happy to welcome new members whether or not they are part of the school. It's best to go along on a Wednesday or Saturday, when there are more people around.

Good luck,

Jane