Villefranche de Conflent

A bit later in the spring 4 of us, all adults, and our chocolate labrador are planning to take a trip on the Little Yellow Train. What we would like to do is to drive over from Carcassonne the day before stay overnight, have a nice dinner and breakfast and take the train in the morning. We are willing to put a deposit down, not from our dog, to cover any possibilities. Not that there will be any, but just to put minds at rest.

Edit :- It has just dawned on me that I have not said that we are looking for B&B, preferably with the evening meal! What a silly bily I am!

Is there anyone in that area that can help us please?

Celepleaseplay2.jpg picture by Jonzjob

There is a nice B and B

Barry & Sharon Phelan

A l'ombre du fort

2 Rue Sainte Eulalie

Villefranche de Conflent

66500, France

Tel: +33 (0)4 68 97 16 53

Cell: +33 (0)6 88 23 26 71

Email: [email protected]

However. Have you thought of going the other way? Start at Mont Louis (which is closer to Carcassone ) ?

I am not sure the timings will work though.

Good luck

John

I will see about getting in touch with Barry & Sharron, but if anyone has any info on the tripI would be very greatful. Things like is it possible to get lunch on the trip, what is the best clothing to take (I have been told that it can get quite cool up at the top?) and any other info that will help it to be a lovely day out.

Thank you for the contact Owen!

I haven't been on the train but visited Font Romeau in summer. It was 27 degrees down on the plain and 6 degrees up there. I would suggest wrapping up for the journey.  As far as I am aware you can get on and off the train but the timings need scrutiny. Here is some info, sorry if you already have this.

http://www.trainstouristiques-ter.com/train_jaune_anglais.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely dog!

We found a lovely B & B in nearby Prades.  Went there a couple of years ago, specifically to go on the Little Yellow Train.  There were long queues as it was August so we took the first train next day - it was still dark when we left and we were the only people on it.  Saw eagles close up.

Try www.sawdays.co.uk for B & Bs.  I thought that was how we found ours but it isn't on the site now.

Have a good time.