Cahors Blues Festival

[quote user="roryboy"]

Was there about three years back, I am only an hour from cahor but booked a hotel for one night. Hence able to have a drink well worth it plenty of outside free venues and the paying ones are not expensive.

Enjoy.

[/quote]

Thanks... I get the impression that for the pay ones you don't prebook but just turn up... first come, first served basis?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is worth a visit with some very good bands and some famous ones. 

I would recommend buying the tickets ASAP for the more popular bands as they do sell out quick.

Hotels will be booked up quickly. We live close to Cahors but did try a small hotel a few years ago I think it was called L'escargot at the top of the high street opposite the main car park.  I remember it was a 2 star very tidy and reasonable but breakfast poor.  They have coverted the ground floor to a Bank but looks as though the hotel is still there.

The town will be heaving, parking will be difficult and in short supply as the main arena takes up most of the car parking spaces as the top end of town.

Thanks for the advice. We hadn't planned on staying in a hotel but I can well appreciate the likely problems with parking especially whenever the car park at Place General de Gaulle is closed.

We'll have to think about that.