Fish and chips

It's actually very good: chips they make themselves, not frozen, nice cod. Also Pukka pies, sausages, mushy peas (yuk!), pickled onions, cheeseburgers and canned drinks. I'll suggest Vimto!

I know one can get fish in France! But sometimes it's good to have British style takeaway fishnchips for a treat. It should go well at the Marche Gourmand as the food last year was poor quality and not cheap e.g. chicken and nasty 'chips' 10 euros. Most people, especially the French, left it. I know as I helped to clear up.

Oddly enough, I was talking about mushy peas to someone yesterday (who hates them almost as much as I do).  We came to the conclusion that they are probably one of those things you need to be fed from an early age to truly appreciate (like Marmite - yum, and liver - yuKK!!!).[:D]

[quote user="buelligan"]Oh GG, I'm shocked![:D]  How could any right-thinking soul reject Marmite![8-)]  How'd you feel about tinned Baked Beanz (with and without sausages)?   Or tinned sardines on toast?[+o(][/quote]

Marmite is the **********of the devil, its the uneducated substitute for BOVRIL.

Beanz meanz Heinz........no substitutes accepted.

Sardines [+o(]

Liver, Italian style....food of the Gods

One of the pleasures of a visit to family in Bournemouth is the obligatory visit to "Ches Fred" in Westbourne. Definately a treat,lovely big chips, the best cuts of a variety of fish,home made salmon fish cakes .mushy peas and tartar sauce a must. As 2 family members are involved I might be a little biased but from the amount of Celebrities/Politicians and return trade ,I can't be the only one who thinks they are the best. Only one problem, as a friendly group who go there, we take it in turns to pay,my turn next!!!

Have tried many times to get them to open up in St.Malo,even offered to peel the spuds but no progress so far.

Regards.

Regards.

Mmmm.  I agree Teeps, Vegemite is marvellous stuff!  But it's rarer here than Marmite and so, for me, has become almost legendary.. the stuff of fantasy (as I can see it has for you - though possibly for other reasons!).[:D]

Gastines, if you really can get access to the food of celebs and politicians, do us all a favour next time you're there![:D][;-)]

We are in Quercy and for the moment the fish and chips are available once a week 6-9pm in Lauzerte, Montaigu de Quercy and Montcuq on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I think you have to be brought up on Marmite to appreciate it - I wasn't. But pickeled eggs....