House re-wiring costs

Can anyone advise on approx costs of re-wiring a 150 m2 stone house? Plus if anyone can recommend a good English speaking electrician in the Montcuq/Lauzert area it would be appreciated. We are currently buying a property and we think it would be beneficial to rewire the house to French standards.

We are currently buying a property and we think it would be beneficial to rewire the house to French standards.

Not only beneficial Crusoe essential,  if you had a fire and the electrics were not  "French standards" you will find your insurance is not valid.

We covered this previously, I'm was smarting, the quotes specifically do not include chasing cables into walls since I have a skirting duct around all rooms.
http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1852191/ShowPost.aspx

I had a quote for wiring a 2-bed gite barn conversion @ €5000, (though we were advised it was not to conseuil standard, ie not telephone and TV points everywhere, that would be an additional €2000!) we then had a second devi from another.
Our second quote [:-))] €8400!! including 22 Prise de courant at €67 each (this includes the wiring I believe!)
I asked a learned French Friend his advice, his opinion was that the €7k was not to be trusted with a gallic shake of the wrist, whereas everyone uses the €8.4k and he calls out with no charge and fixes everything for free after.[Www] I'm struggling to come terms with this, having had a bigger place in the UK rewired for less than half that amount.

In the end the guy visited when I was working on the property (clearly had a gap in his schedule and needed instant payment), so agreed to do the job to conseil standard for a one off price of €half devi, I was concerned that shortcuts would be taken but none were except the facture where there is not a full description, several other trades have commented how good the job is. I had to do the chasing and ducting of cables.

We just paid €5,934.38 to rewire our 5 bed house (250 sqm).  The place was completely rewired with new fuse box, earthed(!), lots of additional lighting and power sockets, spotlights (new in dining room and replaced (with compliant ones) in the downstairs shower room), three new external lights (entry and flood), multi-way light switches on landings etc., new TV point and new telephone points in three rooms.  Done by a local (24) French electrician who came highly recommended by neighbours (speaks no English).  He was a little slow (2 years! - otherwise known as rewiring in instalments) but as it's a second home we were happy for him to fit the work around other jobs.

Just accepted a €5000 devis (down from €5700 with a bit of cash-in-hand biz) to completely rewire 165m2 of cellars and living quarters, entire new distribution board, earth etc (distribution board will be 20m away from EDF meter). This includes various power and lighting points in 5 cellars, ouside lights to porch and entrance gate, 6 rooms, removal of old 3 phase system.

As an example a double 16A was €60 on the original devis (all to be chased in wall)

Oven power source @ €53

Light switches @ €57

Electric radiator points @ €43

One of them being vaulted cellar will definitely be filled with local gaillac and other good stuff (i also have a friend wine producer in Cahors).

The other cellars are what used to be the stable (No1 = 34m2) a wood reserve (No2 = 29m2) a general purpose one (No3 = 25m2) a vaulted cellar (No3bis = 25m2) and No5 serving as summer kitchen, lawn mower parking = 34m2)

I could store yours in perfect conditions ...for a small annual fee.