Bergerac : New link road open yet?

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the new link road is open yet ? it goes  from north of the airport to link up with the N21 towards Perigueux.

We saw it in progress last November when we  flew to Bergerac and have no idea if it is finished yet and as I am useing Bergerac next month it would be handy to know and if not open does anyone have any news as to when it might open[:)]

Chipie

Thank you Bob

Great news, Last Nov. we flew to Bergerac, hired a car and used our 'Tom Tom' sat nav to guide us to Perigueux, but we soon got into trouble when it tried to take us up the new road (all we could see was earth moving machines) we doubled back and when through Bergerac town then carried on the N21, so this new link will save alot of time. [:)]

Chipie

I may have givin you some wrong info there as I do not come down the Perigueux road, but the back road from the north east (D32). If you want perigueux then turn right out of the airport, strait accross the next roundabout and right at the next. This will cross the river and take you onto the direct Perigueux road, the N21. The bypass is now connected to the D32.

Hi Bob

I have looked at my map and I see where you are comming from(D32) The new link should cross your road as it nears Bergerac, it starts on a roundabout on the D660 Bergerac-Lainde (this is where we saw the works going on and where the sat nav tried to take us) then goes north, soon crosses your D32 then on to join the N21 just north of Lembras, missing Bergerac town altogether.

Are we talking about the same new road?

Chipie

Probably, out of the airport, turn right towards Bergerac, right at the next roundabout and follow that to the roundabout on the Lalinde road, straight over to the D32. That is as far as it has got too so far. Good for me as I then take the D32 to Rouffignac.

Thank you for that update

Even that short bit is worth useing, I can then use the smaller roads to connect me to the N21

When finnished this will be a very useful link for people going north from the airport onto the N21

On my next trip I shall be without hubby and renting a car, so if I can do without going through Bergerac all the better (lefthand drive, driving on the right,[:-))] I can do without a town in the first 10 mins.)[Www]

Chipie

• 2 years later...

[quote user="Anton Redman II"]When I went to the Pheonix Book sales about six weeks ago the Lembras/Les Pelissous end looked almost ready to open but there were no opening dates. My local Michelin map says fin 2005 ![/quote]

The French do seem a little loathe to open new roads - the N154 looked finished for months before they opened it.

I suppose they either do not want the new road to wear out or the local bigwig has a chocablock diary so cannot open it for ages.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...