Tree Felling

I wondered if anyone knew of any tree surgeons in the Riberac area. I have those tall french oaks leaning over into next doors property and he is getting worried! I have had a quote from someone in England but there is the logistics problem of having all the right gear to hand.

Look in your pages jaunes under Bois de Chauffage to find someone local to you.

We had some trees felled chopped and removed by the man who provides our firewood. Unfortunately they were pine so not suitable for firewood. But yours should be useful.

Depending on what type and quality of trees you have (Oak, Chestnut, Pine), timber merchants will buy collect and pay you if they were suitable for flooring for example, try the timber yard at Chalais, or Frank Maze, Bois Sawmill at Place Says Fayard, 24600 Segonzac. 09.65.30.98.79 or 05.53.90.30.84

I hope the OP does better than I have. We have a huge old poplar which is worthless for firewood and which threatens to fall on an EDF line. I cannot find anyone to do it at any price. The most helpful suggested that I make sure that my insurance will cover it when it falls on the line.

Hoddy

[quote user="Patf"]Unfortunately they were pine so not suitable for firewood. But yours should be useful.
[/quote]

This is a big misconception........Certain regions of France (Vosges, Jura and Landes to name but a few) are covered mainly in pine/conifers and they burn it.  This might require a more regular cleaning of the conduct but they will burn perfectly well.

[quote user="ericd"]

[quote user="Patf"]Unfortunately they were pine so not suitable for firewood. But yours should be useful.
[/quote]

This is a big misconception........Certain regions of France (Vosges, Jura and Landes to name but a few) are covered mainly in pine/conifers and they burn it.  This might require a more regular cleaning of the conduct but they will burn perfectly well.

[/quote]

But the very,very, very best is Birch in northern climes. And the green bits help the circulation on exit from the sauna before jumping into the hole in the ice.[:D]

We have used the following person a number of times: Jacky Dubost

Tel: 05 53 82 17 20

He is french, and he cuts, prunes trees for his living.

He is properly registered etc and is excellent.

We have recommended him to friends, who were also very pleased with the work.

He will either cut down only, or cut down and log, or cut down, log and clear everything.

The options are in order of ascending cost.

We've never asked about him finding someone to buy the wood, as we've always used ours for burning ourselves.

If you aren't going to use the wood yourself then maybe we would be interested in it. We are close to Riberac.

Let us know.

• 3 months later...