Paratroop murders at Montauban

A few items of co-incidence:-

French Forces are serving as part of NATO in a foreign sandy type place.

People of said sandy type place believe in a certain religion that supports murdering those who are not believers.

Supporters of people in the said sandy type place have moved to Europe.

Just co-incidence of course.

[quote user="powerdesal"]A few items of co-incidence:- French Forces are serving as part of NATO in a foreign sandy type place. People of said sandy type place believe in a certain religion that supports murdering those who are not believers. Supporters of people in the said sandy type place have moved to Europe. Just co-incidence of course.[/quote]

Coincidentally is that the "sandy place" where urination on dead bodies, burning korans and murdering 16 civilian villagers is popular?

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="powerdesal"]A few items of co-incidence:- French Forces are serving as part of NATO in a foreign sandy type place. People of said sandy type place believe in a certain religion that supports murdering those who are not believers. Supporters of people in the said sandy type place have moved to Europe. Just co-incidence of course.[/quote]

Coincidentally is that the "sandy place" where urination on dead bodies, burning korans and murdering 16 civilian villagers is popular?

[/quote]

Yes, that's the place.

''Coincidentally is that the "sandy place" where urination on dead bodies, burning korans and murdering 16 civilian villagers is popular?''

I think the description of ''popular'' is somewhat inappropriate. Yes, it has happened but popular implies it happens regularly or often, I don't believe this is the case. Certain elements of certain forces do tend to have a 'less than sensitive' approach to their mission but given the numbers involved I think it is a very small number, it is also jumped on from a great height when it happens.

[quote user="NormanH"]It's a murky business.

The article says that the gun was a type often used by organised crime.

[/quote]

The calibre quoted (11.43) is more normally referred to as .45 ACP, its difficult to find a handgun of that calibre with a magazine holding more than 16 rounds. 17 empty cases were reported as found, indicating a reload. the .45 handgun is probably the most common gun available being in production for many many years, therefore it would, almost by definition, be the one most used by criminals.

The other night on french news the reporter said that the gendarmes were taking this seriously. And then she repeated this statement as a sort of closing argument.

Really, it is being taken seriously? That is news? That needed to be said?  Basically, there is a terrorist group or serial killer killing soldiers and that automatically without the necessity of saying, not only  has to be taken seriously, but have the very best people in the country onto it. Is it being taken seriously? doesn't feel like it to me.

And maybe there are the very best people onto it, if this is so, being so discrete about it, seems very 'unfrench' to me. And surely soldiers and their families and those of the deceased would like to know that that is happening.

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="NormanH"]It's a murky business.
The article says that the gun was a type often used by organised crime.

[/quote] The calibre quoted (11.43) is more normally referred to as .45 ACP, its difficult to find a handgun of that calibre with a magazine holding more than 16 rounds. 17 empty cases were reported as found, indicating a reload. the .45 handgun is probably the most common gun available being in production for many many years, therefore it would, almost by definition, be the one most used by criminals.[/quote]

With a magazine capacity in excess of 16 rounds, and the calibre, it sounds more likely to be something along the lines of an UZI. Which I'm reliably informed, are very popular on the street.