Bit of Bad Weather...

[quote user="Clair"]This is what it looks like all around the house just now. [/quote]

It doesn't look that much better here at the coast. Perhaps a tad less grey.

We are trying to move house ourselves (no money left after paying for the house and associated charges) and the rain is really not helping.

We have borrowed a remorque but not had chance to use it yet because of the sudden squally showers. Fortunately OH has an estate car.

Nevertheless we are almost there. Soon it will be just the rented house to clean and decorate to ensure we get our caution back.

Sue

Sue56 we had a deduction for the bail charge when we left our rented property. It was rather more of a deduction that I had imagined. Maybe something to bear in mind.

I went to friends this morning. The sea was raging, the sky grey and angry and the rain heavy, the wind blowing a gale. They said, 'lousy day'. I said it was magnificent and it was. I just love ' wild weather', and if you think I'm odd, well I do too. [blink]

It makes a lovely photo, Clair! I'd say it looks rather like that here, apart from that the sun only managed to get through for a very few minutes!

We've been back in UK for a about a week, and haven't had waterproofs off yet. All the borders right round the garden are flooded, our mini pond is also flooded - goodness knows what will have happened to the tadpoles - or are they still frogspawn? I usually get the tomatoes and courgettes planted during the April/May visit - I'm not even going to attempt it this year. We're deep in hosepipe ban country too!

[quote user="gardengirl "]I usually get the tomatoes and courgettes

planted during the April/May visit - I'm not even going to attempt it

this year.

[/quote]

Quite so ... usually by now the courgette plants are in and doing well

with their first crop about ready early in June. Not a chance this year

looking at the long term weather forecast for our area.

[quote user="idun"]... we had a deduction for the bail charge when we left our rented property. It was rather more of a deduction that I had imagined. Maybe something to bear in mind. [/quote]

Yes this is something which bears upon us quite heavily as our landlords are a bit 'spécial' being extremely exigent as regards the state of the property when leaving. Previous renters have had to apply to the Tribunal in order to get their cautions back; the landlords being somewhat reluctant to pay up. Suffice to say we were not aware of this when we first rented the house. You live and learn.

But it has been a super home for us, so we cannot complain. Well, not really. And the skies are really beautiful whatever the weather.

Sue

Sue56,  I'm not talking about keeping anything back for anything to do with the place we rented. We rented privately and our deposit was put with a bail company and they took a percentage which at the time felt very substantial. The people we rented from were happy for us to get what we were entitled to and we remained friends, they even let us have their appt in Nice for free for a holiday.

I think maybe if you have doubts about their honesty in this, you should speak to the people at ADIL so that you follow the rules to the letter and make sure that they do too. 

And our friends simply did not pay the last months rent, this is illegal, as far as I am aware, but that is what they did and I believe that they understood that they were taking a risk.

[quote user="idun"]And our friends simply did not pay the last months rent, this is illegal, as far as I am aware, but that is what they did and I believe that they understood that they were taking a risk. [/quote]

This has been suggested to us by more than a few french friends - seems to be quite a common phenonomen - but we could not do that so we are stuck with making our best effort to present the house in as perfect a state as possible in order to get back our deposit.

Sue

[quote user="Christine Animal"]Thrice !   [:D]

Same from me Sue

Same from me Sue

Same from me Sue.   [:)] [/quote]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Ah, Christine, annoying or what?

I only said it once though I don't mind sending her good wishes 3 times! [/quote]

Thankyou for your good wishes and fingers crossed the sky remains the blue it is today for the next few days, as we might actually get to use the borrowed remorque ... [blink]

Sue

• 3 weeks later...