82300 Caussade

I am thinking of meeting my son and family mid-ish way between us and where they are going to be staying on holiday in a weeks time. Caussade looks a possibility, close the the Autoroute too. We will be having lunch there and are looking for a reasonably priced restaurant that serves good food.

I have had a google and come up with the Restaurant l'Epicurian, the Auberge du Chapeau and the Relais d'Auvergn.

Does anyone know anything about these or have any other suggestions please?

Some time ago we ate at an awful restaurant somewhere near there, close to a roundabout on the bypass round Caussade, so I checked on Google Streetview.

At least your Relais d'Auvergne isn't the one we visited, which I think had a "Routiers" sign, but it looks as though it is in a builders' yard, and may be defunct, as there is no sign on the road.

That is if the Google label is correctly placed, which is not always the case.

It is near the roundabout on the bypass to the NE of Caussade, with place name "Clapas"

Just checked our collection of maps, on which we mark restaurants, campsites etc. we have visited.

The restaurant we stopped at was the Rélais d'Auvergne. It is marked "NG" (no good) on the map.

I reckon we stopped there about 3 years ago, about the same time as the Google aerial view, which doesn't show the builders' yard but does show the large car/lorry park which we remember.

So, if the Streetview is more recent, the place seems to be defunct (not surprised).

A bit south of there is a restaurant, Le Relais de la Gare, which we have found consistently good, if rather busy (but that's good sign), in Grisolles, on the E side of the old RN113 (now D813), just south of the roundabout where the D120 to Montauban begins.

This is about 8km north from the Autoroute access N of Saint-Saveur, No.10.1.

Coordinates of the restaurant are 10º49'37.06" N  1º18'10.94"E

[quote user="nomoss"]

Just checked our collection of maps, on which we mark restaurants, campsites etc. we have visited.

The restaurant we stopped at was the Rélais d'Auvergne. It is marked "NG" (no good) on the map.

I reckon we stopped there about 3 years ago, about the same time as the Google aerial view, which doesn't show the builders' yard but does show the large car/lorry park which we remember.

So, if the Streetview is more recent, the place seems to be defunct (not surprised).

[/quote]

That's the trouble with giving a review from some time back things might have changed.

There is a restaurant near us that always seemed to have very few clients. It now has a sign up saying that it is now under new ownership and when they are open then there are many table taken, so I assume that the food etc is a lot better.

Paul

We passed the restaurant in Grisolles on May 22 this year.

It was as busy as ever, but we didn't stop, as we had booked a table d'hôte at our destination in Corrèze for that evening and two large meals a day is more than we can manage these days[:)]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Where is that one Paul? It may be well worth thinking of if it's in or around Caussade?

Ta for the replies folks [:D]
[/quote]

Sorry John, it is in 31 near Boulogne sur Gesse - perhaps a little far for lunch