Any interesting events in the Perigord

Having just retired we are going to spend more time at our house in Sarlat. In order to plan our visits can anybody suggest any interesting events, festivals, big markets etc around the Perigord region and rough dates of these. A few years ago I did hear of a outdoor Shakespeare season at a chateau on the banks of the Dordogne but cannot find any reference to this now.

Many thanks

It's difficult to recommend anything without knowing what your interests are. I suggest that you go to the Sarlat Tourist Office website and click on 'agenda'. This will give you the main events that are already planned. You will need to visit it regularly to keep up to date.

Since you have a house in Sarlat I assume you know about the theatre festival.

When you are actually there you might find the local paper "L'Essor Sarladais" the best source of local information.

I hope this is helpful.

Hoddy

Hoddy

Sorry should have been more specific. We have had the house for about 10 years so are "au fait" with Sarlat It is more things further afield we are ignorant about. Our interest are broad and include cultural, sporting, markets, fairs, vide greniers etc

Many thanks

For vide greniers and brocantes Google "Brocantes" and put in your local department number(s). You will be able to see listing for each month. Check the local newspaper daily, you will be sure to find all sorts of events listed. Many towns and villages have their own websites and will list events that they are hosting.