Rieux Minervois - What's it like?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of taxe fonciere, look at this one !!  I know it is big, but it is mitoyenne for heavens sake.  This is comparable to taxes in Gordes (known for some of the highest taxes in the country).

http://www.kervran-immobilier.com/13754-carcassonne-maison-4-chambres-piscine.html

Réf 11373 IT - CARCASSONNE - Laissez vous séduire par le charme de

l'ancien entièrement rénové en loft industriel de 280 m² environ.

Magnifique cuisine équipée ouverte sur un séjour lumineux de 130 m² avec

terrasse attenante, 4 chambres dont 2 suites avec double dressing et

salle d'eau, 3 WC, salle de bains, buanderie, cellier ainsi que 130 m²

de dépendances et piscine. Idéal professions indépendantes.

Prix de vente

266 000 €

Les honoraires d'agence seront intégralement à la charge du vendeur

Taxe foncière annuelle

4 200 €

Not sure if this will work:

http://www.kervran-immobilier.com/13754-carcassonne-maison-4-chambres-piscine.html

Great property ..

Something like that where we live would be more like 3 times that price.

The link says it's under offer .. I'm only surprised that someone has made a offer, not paid the full price.

Edit : It looks to me as tho it might have been rented out as a holiday let .. there are 12 chairs round that dining table.

Sorry, Lori, stil can't make that link work, I can finds the site but it brings up everything and their research tool doesn't let you search for the number .. I can't tell you why the TF is high .. other than what I have said before .. nor whether the price is right for the space .. it might be that there is something odd which will not be seen in the photos. Pricing around here is odd, somethings go for much less than you'd think, others for much less.

I follow you Judith.  We're seeing exactly what you said.  Some properties that you would expect to see a high TF are not so bad.  Others that are mitoyenne with less terrain are outrageous (like the one above).

Perhaps some of this boils down to what Norman (or was it Wooly) said about the local tax authorities in the process of reviewing older properties to 'adjust' their TF's while newer or recently renovated (having had to request a permit, therefore subjected to adjusted TF as a result) have already been updated/increased.

Lori, you are right about re-evaluations .. had coffee with a friend this morning at her house in Le Redorte (on the way to Rieux from here) .. their house was re-evaluated about 4 years ago (though it's a longer story than this, the works done before they bought had never been declared by previous owner who'd done them)  and their TF went up a lot .. so did ours, but not so dramatically when we declared a terrace we'd had built .. but many houses have not yet been re-evaluated and the French are not swift to declare works if they do not have to do so, as you can probably guess.

Not just the French who don't want to declare improvements, Judith.  We need to be fair.  We have Australians who have put in 2 new bathrooms making a total of 4 and a load of other works.  Thinking they didn't know about the need to declare the improvements, I told them what they should do.  And, of course, they took not a blind bit of notice!

[quote user="Judith-aka-Judith"]Lori, you are right about re-evaluations .. had coffee with a friend this morning at her house in Le Redorte (on the way to Rieux from here) .. their house was re-evaluated about 4 years ago (though it's a longer story than this, the works done before they bought had never been declared by previous owner who'd done them)  and their TF went up a lot .. so did ours, but not so dramatically when we declared a terrace we'd had built .. but many houses have not yet been re-evaluated and the French are not swift to declare works if they do not have to do so, as you can probably guess.

[/quote]

Is the house on the canal by any chance?

• 1 month later...
How 'bout this one?  I like it.

http://www.proprietes-privees.com/272946CBN

Has anyone ever heard of this 'agency?'  They use the term 'négociateur' making me think perhaps they are not licensed agents?  Yet, the FNAIM logo is at the bottom of the website. 

Félines is not far from us, 10mins drive perhaps?.  Nice place, but small, a few, not many, commerces.    You really cannot judge by the houses, it is really necessary to see the surroundings as well, Lori. Rsing ground, from memory, but  limited access, if the bridge across the river further down towards the main road is swept away, as it was once, you have only then a very minor road out. But I can see that this type of village might suit your requirements.

Very good to know Judith.  I presume the small road would be the D12 as it appears the D168 is the road that runs along the river.  Can't see the bridge on google maps.  But, I can see that those are the only two main roads that run through Félines.

We are trying to determine where we will stay for our first visit.  I was thinking maybe Lézignan-Corbières.  30 minutes drive in any direction from that town seemed to be worth visiting.  We're thinking of two weeks, perhaps in October, assuming COVID doesn't change everything - again.

Lori,

My atlas map, the only to hand, shows the D12m but has no number on the other, runs along the L'ognon, yes, to what is the major road along the valley as much as there is one.  Lezignan is a good central point, but the some of the hotels and the motorways are the "wrong" side of town, and getting through it is not always good (it's the nearest bigger supermarket to us .. the wrong side of town.  I speak from experience.  Don't travel through when schools come out!!

If you fancied them, there are 3 Chambres d'Hotes run by English (speaking, one is a Kiwi couple!) in Olonzac, all of high quality.  Can PM the info when the time comes if you so decide.  I know the Kiwis, the others by repute only. That might suit better for the Minervois, and if you want to explore the Corbières, the south side of Lezignan, where I know of at least one business type hotel, might be the better choice.

Swings and roundabouts - as ever!

Yes, it is the D168 that runs along the L'Ognon (how do you pronounce that ?).

I think anywhere near a school must be avoided at start and end times.  It is the same here as the College and Lycee are side by side, so traffic is dreadful.

Thanks about the accommodation suggestions.  Since we plan to stay two weeks, we will likely look for a vacation rental.  Might allow us a tiny bit of an idea of what it feels like to live in the area.  If we change our plans, I will get back to you for the Chambre d'Hotes and/or hotel names.

Husband suggested we stay in Olonzac for our visit.  I just had a quick look at Air B&B for vacation rentals.  Yikes, they don't come cheap..  And I don't think we'd be able to enjoy a pool in mid October (so many have them).

Hi Lori,

Ognon, is a bit like like oignon .. loose the hard G!
I'll have a look a the Minervois tourist office site, it did have a  list of B&Bs.  Agreed the ones I know at towards the luxe category!

Do you do Facebook?  If so, I can give you details of a group I belong to with lots of ladies who offer accommodation .. though that's not the main purpose of the group but an offshoot!